legal advice requested

crappyjones123

i am in the process of filing for us citizenship. am stuck on 4 questions. have called the us and indian consulate and the immigration office but only get an automated machine. i have an appointment with someone from the immigration dept but its scheduled for dec 17th. the problem is they are changing all the forms on dec 1st this year and i dont want to have to fill out all the forms again.

i received a ticket for going the wrong way in my university's parking lot about 2 months ago. wasnt arrested or anything. i went the wrong way. the police pulled me over. i was given a ticket. the cop drove away. then i drove away. nothing more happened.

attached is a form i have to fill out as part of the application. i dont know how to answer question 15 through 18. i dont know if the ticket qualifies as an offense. any direction in this matter would be greatly appreciated. i dont want to lie on the application as ive been told that the immigration dept denies applications for the smallest of errors.

thanks,

cj.

immigration.pdf

I am not a lawyer, but why don't you just err on the side of caution and answer yes? As far as I know, you weren't arrested or detained, but I do think that qualifies as "cited".

Heck, see if you can find a leak of the new forms -- if they're more clear, maybe you do want to fill those forms out all over again. I'd expect they'd clear up things like whether or not they care about moving violations. A lot of modern forms explicitly exclude moving violations.

Find a lawyer! Try not to get ppl on the net to engage in unauthorized practice of law.

Lawyer, Attorney, Law Firms, Attorneys, Legal Information. Lawyers.com (how can you possibly go wrong with Martindale-Hubbell and LexisNexis ;)

You can always call your state immigration bar and find a competent attorney.

If you are poor, call your local law school and see if they have an immigration clinic (students will generally suck but the profs are usually very very good).

If you are poor, but not poor enough to be taken by the clinic, you can call the immigration bar and see if there is any state-sponsored free-legal service.