Brewdog Tactical Nuclear Penguin

Duggeh

4 or 5 half pints of the interesting ones, then move on. But at festivals I share halves so you get to have twice as many before everything descends into swilling and card games. Lagers and IPAs before porters or perrys.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found an interesting connection. There's a new entry in a chain of British style pubs (confoundingly each one is simply called "The Pub"), opening at Tampa's most soul-sucking mall very soon. I just researched a bit trying to figure how bad the place was going to be, when I found that ratebeer reviews for other locations generally involve mention of their casks, and 100% of the time those are mentioned to be Brewdog casks, up to and including Paradox. I wonder if Brewdog has any investment in the chain.

There's one down close to Mike as well, wonder if he's been there.

EDIT: And, looks like there's one near Jacob. Could this be where he mentioned getting Paradox on cask?

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Yes it is International Plaza. The only thing I've gone there for in the last four years is gelato, and only once at that. I go there at least once a week for deliveries and it's part of my toughest day of the week. Going for dinner or brews just doesn't appeal most of the time, but this place may change that.

Sadly Sir Gene, it isn't open just yet and probably won't be before I leave for Tallahassee. How long before you go on the big summer trip?

Leaving end of July ... probably around 27th or so. When are you off to Tally? Three new, decent beer bars down here. My fave has the unlikely name of "Mr. Beery's", but it is owned by a really good guy and has excellent selection on tap at all times. If we miss The Pub, maybe you can make it to Sarasota before we each depart the area.

• 3 weeks later...
We want to show people there is an alternative to monolithic beers, introduce them to a completely new approach to beer and elevate the status of beer in our culture.

Because most beer drinkers can afford a $700+ bottle? I could be wrong but I think it's getting a bit out of hand with these high ABV freeze brews. Might as well start just distilling them.

Then again I might just be hating because I can't afford a sip.

When I spotted it the other day there were still bottles to be had.

Major shark jumping. Not impressed. There's just no point if the stuff is complete unobtanium. I don't mind them being arrogant dicks to get their point accress or for free publicity so long as I can get some good beer out of it, but ultra-limited BS for 10 or so big spenders doesn't offset it for me this time.