The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Stax know full well about us (both HF and HC) but I'm not sure they like all that their seeing. I really should post that SR-007Mk2/A mod guide on HF to stir up some shit... ;D

Birgir, ok if it is the caser that Stax knows about HF and HC, does Stax care about the community. In other words, do they care what we think about Stax products?

SR-50 is the crazy closed Stax electret, right?

Why exactly would you want something like that, and couldn't you use some other fosterphone for the same purpose? You'd still have to recable since electrets are only 4 pin.

Yeah, Carl is busy with real life. I bought some Stax stuff from him the last time we all wondered where he was and he's still taking his sweet time. I sent him an email a few days ago. I just hope the stuff gets here before summer ends so I have some time to fix up some stuff.:)

Might as well buy a pair and see how they sound first.:) Certainly a rarity, at least in the US (actually, I haven't seen any here). But I doubt Stax did any extensive thinking and design with the cups like they did with the 4070. I could be wrong...

According to all accounts SR-50 sounds nice. Not excellent and magical, but the design was thought through.

There is a pair of Stax DA-80M monoblock power amps for sale locally over here. If they are any good and anybody wants them, I'd be happy to contact the seller and see if he will ship it overseas. Or if you absolutely need it and the guy won't ship it abroad, then I could probably help you buy it and ship it out to you.

DA80M.jpg

I have no idea if that vintage Stax amp is any good or if its even worth it, but just thought I'd post about it here in case anyone is looking for it for any reason.