Could use some advices

Spychedelic Whale

I think that it's pretty easy to get wrapped up in good sound when you're new to hi-fi, the novelty of it all is overwhelming and you really don't want to listen to anything else. But when you're used to good sound the novelty factor wears off and it stops being a neccesity, becoming just... good sound, and not much else really. I used to hate listening to anything lo-fi years ago but right now I really don't care; I listen to the crappy stereo in my car and enjoy it fully; I listen to DI.fm with its 96k streams and enjoy that too. Most of my listening isn't with the massive O2 rig at home but with a plain UM3x out of an iAudio 7 on the go. It all falls apart under critical listening obviously but you don't have to listen critically 100% of the time...

No, it was meant as a recommendation, but I realize in hindsight it wouldn't be very helpful. It lets you listen to music you may not have heard before, but sounds like something you have heard before.

Actually, I've listened to Pandora quite a bit too. And yes, it does a good job of playing music similar to something you seed it with. Sometime when I want background music that won't distract I'll poke something like Pat Metheny into Pandora and just let it stream.

• 3 weeks later...
Phish Live concerts

personally i like the sound of open headphones for live concerts, i am constantly listening to live shows and sealed cans sound to echoey for a show, the open just make it feel like your there, especially with a nice FOB recording :D

so grados, senn HD595s are great for this, personally i love grados, but sometimes not enough bass, cant hear mike