The NHL 2010 playoffs thread

GPH

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good game, but the Pens deserved to win. I hope the Habs will be able to even out the series in two days, otherwise we're in big trouble, coming back a second time from 1-3 is not a desirable situation.

And the Bruins are now up 3-0 in the series. :dance:

Yes, indeed! I have to say, the Flyers outplayed them for a fair bit of the game, and Rask and the defense were excellent. And hats off to them (the Flyers), it was a pretty clean game. I was expecting a lot of cheap trashy play from Carcillo, and he surprised me. If anything, I thought he played with LESS intensity than he should have. But no complaints...... He's a guy you love to hate, UNLESS he's on your team....

Yes, indeed! I have to say, the Flyers outplayed them for a fair bit of the game, and Rask and the defense were excellent. And hats off to them (the Flyers), it was a pretty clean game. I was expecting a lot of cheap trashy play from Carcillo, and he surprised me. If anything, I thought he played with LESS intensity than he should have. But no complaints...... He's a guy you love to hate, UNLESS he's on your team....

I didn't get to watch it since I have a crappy cable service, but I checked out the box score and my first though was "how do you win 4-1 when you get outshot 20-35?"

I didn't get to watch it since I have a crappy cable service, but I checked out the box score and my first though was "how do you win 4-1 when you get outshot 20-35?"

The Flyers were in desperartion mode. At first glance, they carried a lot of the play. But a lot of their shots on were not really hard for Rask to save, and the D cleared out many a rebound if he gave it up. It was tough, though, as the Flyers crowded Rask more this game, and several juicy rebounds were deposited in front. But the Bruins did a nice job getting them out.

Third period was a lesson in shutdown hockey. Had the Flyers fans leaving with about 3 1/2 minutes left......

If the Habs play the next two games like they played tonight, the conference finals are not too far off! I'm slowly starting to believe in this team, a bunch of small guys, but they work hard and are backed up by a spectacular goalie.

:prettyprincess:

Yes, the games have certainly been entertaining, even if the desired teams for some here aren't winning. This has really been an amazing year for playoff hockey.....

Assuming the Bruins can get past the Flyers, I don't really love their chances agianst either the Habs or Pens. Without David Kejci, they just lost yet another piece of struggling offence to injury. Some other players have stepped up (Satan and Recchi have been amazing for "older guys"), but don't think it would be enough against teams like that. But I can certainly hope, would love to be proven wrong again; and will certainly watch!

The West will be amazing to watch as well. Don't know who I'd root for there....maybe the Sharks just because they finally seemed to have gotten the playoff curse monkey off their back.

I'm going to back the Sharks, only because they beat my team, and they better take it all the way. As far as the East goes, I just don't like the Penguins, and don't much care about the rest.

The games have been good. Since the Wings are out, I can just watch it as good hockey without the emotional rollercoaster and nail biting.

Nah, that wouldn't happen even in a bizaro world. :D

Best laugh of the day.... Thanks!

Vicki, I felt the same way as you for MANY a year now....either the Bruins knocked out early, or not even in. So I left out the writhing agony of a hometown team defeat (after a point) and enjoyed the game for what it is.