Google Android OS

manaox2

12 minutes ago, MexicanDragon said:

FYI: Scoot had an issue with an update and hasn't been able to log on in at least a couple of months.

Hasn't been able to log in, or hasn't been able to post?  Because when I click on his username, it says his last activity was a week ago?  Not being pedantic, just trying to get adequate information to help.

Poor scoot.

• Like 1

Oh hai. Yeah, I fixed that mostly last week. Had to do with allowing notifications from the site or you couldn't post at all and many other features were broken. Not to do with DOM storage. Still have issues on the desktop browser on certain things, but it's usable now.

Tapatalk still functions fine.

As for SSH, I suppose the closest thing I've used was ADB to make a shell. Are you trying to get a command line interface or trying to get a full remote interface I guess I should ask?

• Like 4

Remote shell command line interface where the phone is either server or client, can be separate apps for each. Probably requires root? 

Separate problem, but I ssh'd into my RPi from my laptop yesterday and ran some updates. Forgot about it and it was prompting me about what to do about lightdm and since I forgot about it my laptop turned off and the connection cut. Now it's bricked, the mouse and keyboard don't work and the Wi-Fi doesn't either so I can't ssh back in. FML

Edited by mypasswordis

Remote shell command line interface where the phone is either server or client, can be separate apps for each. Probably requires root? 
Separate problem, but I ssh'd into my RPi from my laptop yesterday and ran some updates. Forgot about it and it was prompting me about what to do about lightdm and since I forgot about it my laptop turned off and the connection cut. Now it's bricked, the mouse and keyboard don't work and the Wi-Fi doesn't either so I can't ssh back in. FML

On the phone, creating a remote ADB shell requires developer options enabled and then enabling USB debugging. After that, install the Android SDK on the PC you wish to run ADB from and connect the phone via USB and accept the PC for debugging when prompted. I know it's not SSH or over the network, probably would take an app for something like that. I expect an app might also be needed to SSH with the phone into other devices. Might not need root. I don't know if I'm much help, sorry.

Sucks about your Raspberry Pi.
  • Like 1

Thanks, I'll look into it. And yeah I guess I'm gonna have to wipe everything and reinstall the OS and packages from scratch... definitely teaches me to never update packages remotely, but running headless is so much more convenient...

What browser are you using, that you're having problems with? I finally gave in and switched totally to chrome a year ago, still not sure it's the best option.

Thanks, I'll look into it. And yeah I guess I'm gonna have to wipe everything and reinstall the OS and packages from scratch... definitely teaches me to never update packages remotely, but running headless is so much more convenient...
What browser are you using, that you're having problems with? I finally gave in and switched totally to chrome a year ago, still not sure it's the best option.

Firefox nightly x64 v56.

It runs faster and uses less memory than Chrome. Has a process per core that it divides pages into. Really nice, not completely compatible with older extensions yet, but works with all the ones I truly feel I need like ublock origin.
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Essential phone is only $299 ($499 without) with friends and family code from previous buyers until mid December. Very similar specs to the Pixel XL and they've fixed most of the original camera issues on release. 2560x1312 5.71" 504 ppi bezel-less edge to edge IPS display, unlockable bootloader, practically AOSP Android, Snapdragon 835, 128 gb storage, module compatibility, 7 hr on screen time before charging, Bluetooth 5, no branding on outside, certified working on all carriers. Savage good deal.

Pixel 2 XL display is already having burn-in, bad angles, and grain/banding after 2 weeks. Ouch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Essential phone is only $299 ($499 without) with friends and family code from previous buyers until mid December. Very similar specs to the Pixel XL and they've fixed most of the original camera issues on release. 2560x1312 5.71" 504 ppi bezel-less edge to edge IPS display, unlockable bootloader, practically AOSP Android, Snapdragon 835, 128 gb storage, module compatibility, 7 hr on screen time before charging, Bluetooth 5, no branding on outside, certified working on all carriers. Savage good deal.

Pixel 2 XL display is already having burn-in, bad angles, and grain/banding after 2 weeks. Ouch.

I'd be interested if someone had a code to share.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk