Yet another bitch about RSA thread

Yikes

I wasn?t the first to mention house fire and RS Audio. I just responded to Yikes. And I did think about that before posting it because I called it a nasty rumor and a possible urban legend. Don?t play it off like that.

As an ambiguous answer as that might have been I think we all knew to a certain degree what he was getting at...

My mistake. How could I have thought that you would be anything but sincere.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this rumor hogwash when I heard it.

If a Head-Fier’s Raptor caused a fire the tale would spread like wildfire. I also think the Head-Fier would feel obligated to warn others about the potential risk to life and property. One way or another you would think this info would get out.

If it happened to someone not associated with Head-Fi, Ray wouldn’t tell anyone, but his closest confidants. Ray is no fool. He wouldn’t risk opening his mouth about this to anyone associated with Head-Fi because the story might be leaked to the Head-Fi masses and that would seriously hurt his business.

I don’t think Tyrion deserves such a lashing for replying in the matter he did to this unsubstantiated ridiculous rumor. No one is omniscient.

We're not criticizing him for not being omniscient, we're criticizing him for trying to play games like he is answering part of the question and not others, when in fact he is just adding to the entropy.

And Yikes -- you're a fucking idiot. If there's any truth to the fact that the Raptor even could start fires, that information ought to be widely disseminated if for no other reason than for fucking safety. You want to be a fucking apologist, that's one thing -- you want to be a potential vandal and/or murderer by ommission, that's another.

You really can?t see how one could read your ?it?s not true? statement as unclear. Just read 5687?s post.

My mistake. How could I have thought that you would be anything but sincere.

Keep slinging the insults ... Your comment that I responded to had nothing to do with you questioning my sincerity did it, but for your clarification I was sincere. You can spin it anyway you like, but I don?t play that game either.

You have got to be kidding with this. I figured KenW was a smart guy and could figure it out as he did. It's okay that you weren't able to. Maybe there is someone here that can explain it to you.

LOL...yeah, I figured it out. I figured you were going to continue to dance around the answer so there's little point in continuing to ask. I don't know if there's any truth to the rumor, in whole or in part, so that's why I asked. You seemed certain in your responses so I'm assuming you have knowlege of the facts and aren't speculating. Just figured you'd be inclined to elaborate and clear the air, but apparently I was mistaken in that assumption. So, yes, I figured it out.

David, I can't see how someone could read my statement anyother way. This thread has degenerated into the playground atmosphere that is typical. And Reks. brilliant comeback. I guess this is where I am supposed to say, "no, your the asshole." Grow up.

KenW, how much more is needed to be said, other than what I said in response to 909's comment. If you require more explanation than that, then perhaps I was wrong earlier. I thought stating that Ray wasn't sued as a result of the Raptor burning a house down was elaboration enough. I see how many people that challenged me on this comment were able to provide elaboration that I was wrong and that the rumor was true.

Guest sacd lover

David, I can't see how someone could read my statement anyother way. This thread has degenerated into the playground atmosphere that is typical. And Reks. brilliant comeback. I guess this is where I am supposed to say, "no, your the asshole." Grow up.

KenW, how much more is needed to be said, other than what I said in response to 909's comment. If you require more explanation than that, then perhaps I was wrong earlier. I thought stating that Ray wasn't sued as a result of the Raptor burning a house down was elaboration enough. I see how many people that challenged me on this comment were able to provide elaboration that I was wrong and that the rumor was true.

Has Ray been sued for any issues relating to the raptor or any of his products? Is that more comprehensive?

I thought stating that Ray wasn't sued as a result of the Raptor burning a house down was elaboration enough.

No one in this thread mentioned a house burying down. So you?ve heard this rumor too. I intentionally left that part out. I only indicated a house fire and that and to a lesser degree has been repeat except for your statement above. Interesting?

I don?t know if this is intentional, a slip of the tongue, a misstatement, or what one could perceive as more double-talking jive.

As far as I can tell this is an English language board, not a lawyer-speak board.

Try using clear declarative sentences such as the following:

The cRaptor did not start a house fire.

RSA ain't getting sued.

The cRaptor is a worthless piece of shit amp and a goddamn safety hazard.

RSA makes shit amps.

Clear, simple, and impossible to read anything into and misinterpret unless you're either a complete retard, a semantics whore, or a lawyer.

Has Ray been sued for any issues relating to the raptor or any of his products? Is that more comprehensive?

Actually, a more precise question....has Ray settled with any customers to avoid litigation as a result of his products and/or their performance.

Rather than me being asked the questions, how about you answer mine. Are you aware of Ray being sued for any issues relating to the raptor or any of his products?

Or my more precise question, are you aware of Ray settlinjg with any customers to avoid litigation as a result of his products and/or their performance?

Guest sacd lover

Rather than me being asked the questions, how about you answer mine. Are you aware of Ray being sued for any issues relating to the raptor or any of his products?

Or my more precise question, are you aware of Ray settlinjg with any customers to avoid litigation as a result of his products and/or their performance?

Spin spin spin .... we should chip in and get you a merry-go-round. You are the one who stated the staement by 909 was not true. With the next round of questions the wording changes to I am not aware. Now when confronted with a direct question you try to avoid giving an answer. Once again, has Ray been sued for any issues relating to the raptor or any of his products? I will make this simple .... yes or no? Answer my question and I will be happy to answer your question.

Rather than me being asked the questions, how about you answer mine.
Why? On what grounds? So you can avoid answering the question? No. Answer the fucking question. Quit changing the fucking subject.

This would work real well on girls, perhaps I should try it as a come-on line:

Me: Hi.

Girl: What do you want?

Me: Rather than me being asked the questions, how about you answer mine?

Girl: Fuck off. Police!

You put your neck out to address this rumor as if you knew, but it appears you really don't... Keep bobbing and weaving?

That's why everyone is so pissy.

Read my comment. It's clear and understandable. I am not the one bobbing and weaving. There is is no spin involved. I've been asked to answer

questions and have answered them. People may not like the answer but I can't help that. Why doesn't someone answer my

question. How about you big shot. Why don't you tell me the answer to the questions because if you don't know and know

one else knows then maybe this thread has run it course because all we are discussing is rumors, nasty ones as you put it.

all we are discussing is rumors, nasty ones as you put it.

Keep turning it around. You?ve taken the RS authority seat. Not I, nor has anyone else. This thread isn?t now about pages of nasty rumors. It?s pages of your slippery and tongue-in-cheek language. If you read my initial response to you, I didn't have a problem with your reply.

You probably have a better chance of crapping a Tung-Sol roundplate out of your ass than you do of getting a straight answer in this thread.

No doubt about that. If the rumors are true, there's no chance in hades that he'll confirm that here.....or anywhere else for that matter.