Yet another bitch about RSA thread

Yikes

The B52 may be fine but. I will not buy a car from a dealer that shouts commercials at me and offers bad credit financing. And I won't buy an amp from a person that overprises his stuff and who sells equiptment that causes house fires and then charges to correct the fulty product. They are chisters. >:(:o:police:

House Fire ??? Where? Who? When? and we know the supposed why.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to say where I heard this nasty rumor, but the alleged story goes that the Raptor started a house fire and now Ray is being sued for it. I've no clue whether this is true or not. Possibly, it's just one of those untrue urban legends. Myth Busters where are you...

I am not going to say where I heard this nasty rumor, but the alleged story goes that the Raptor started a house fire and now Ray is being sued for it. I've no clue whether this is true or not. Possibly, it's just one of those untrue urban legends. Myth Busters where are you...

Whether it's an urban legend, I don't know. It is not true, that much I do know.

Guest sacd lover

Whether it's an urban legend, I don't know. It is not true, that much I do know.

What is not true?

1) the raptor caught on fire

2) the raptor caught something else on fire or caused some type of damage

3) he is being sued

4) all of the above?

What is not true?

3) he is being sued

4) all of the above?

This is the comment by 909 that I addressed with my post was, "Raptor started a house fire and now Ray is being sued for it." That statement is untrue.

oh, i see, so either the Raptor caused a house fire but Ray isn't being sued, or the Raptor didn't cause a house fire but Ray is being sued anyway. thanks for clearing that up.

I think I was pretty clear in responding to 909's post. Again, if you are aware of a Raptor causing a fire, regardless of whether there was or wasn't a lawsuit, I would love to hear about it.

What is not true?

3) he is being sued

4) all of the above?

5) tyrion is ignorant of anything having anything to do with this -- "I'm not aware" statements don't mean anything to a lawyer, and it's a way of making people hear "this is not true".

6) Maybe it's not the raptor.

Tyrion -- you're really not being paid enough to be Ray's Head-Case representative. Or are you?

As far as I know the cRaptor hasn't started a house fire yet, but there is documented proof that it has scorched furniture. There is also documented proof that the transformers in the original were woefully undersized and had a tendency to overheat and melt themselves. It is also evident that the "upgraded" cRaptor PSU is still a worthless piece of shit which is still pathetically underpowered.

Are you aware of a claim against Ray that has not gone as far as a lawsuit from a fire caused by a Raptor? I am not. Or was that an attempt at humor?

I've only heard the same rumors everyone else has. I just assumed you had concrete information, and I was looking for clarification. Question still stands and it's the same one Reks is asking if I read his post correctly.

5) tyrion is ignorant of anything having anything to do with this -- "I'm not aware" statements don't mean anything to a lawyer, and it's a way of making people hear "this is not true".

6) Maybe it's not the raptor.

Tyrion -- you're really not being paid enough to be Ray's Head-Case representative. Or are you?

You can play games all you want. If you are aware of such an occurrence then share it with us. If not, continue with the fun.

I used the phase "I am not" in reference to whether KenW was "aware". If he or anyone else is "aware", then you or they can post it and we can

move on from there. I am not aware of such an event as described by you, 909 or anyone else in this thread. My initial post was to address 909's comment.

As far as I know the cRaptor hasn't started a house fire yet, but there is documented proof that it has scorched furniture.

Now that I know to be a fact. Pennsylvania House nightstand as a matter of fact(thought it was just Lexington but an angry/significant other set me straight on that one!) Also, I know it damaged the case work on a CD player but heck, that's old news.

I've only heard the same rumors everyone else has. I just assumed you had concrete information, and I was looking for clarification. Question still stands and it's the same one Reks is asking if I read his post correctly.

That's what I figured. The other questions can stand as long as they want. If someone has proof that any of the above rumors are true, post it. Otherwise this has become an exercise in the ridiculous.

Now that I know to be a fact. Pennsylvania House nightstand as a matter of fact(thought it was just Lexington but an angry/significant other set me straight on that one!) Also, I know it damaged the case work on a CD player but heck, that's old news.

I have no reason to believe this is not true.

So no one actually knows that a fire was ever started by a Raptor. You guys are awful, spreading unsubstantiated rumors. If you know for a fact that a Raptor has started a fire you should by all means speak out, on the other hand spreading what amounts to nothing more than a rumor is a wholly different thing.

You don?t like Ray, fine. Spread the truth, or spread your opinions. Spreading unsubstantiated rumors proves that you are major scumbag pussy fuckwads of unparalleled proportions. :mikey1:

That's what I figured. The other questions can stand as long as they want. If someone has proof that any of the above rumors are true, post it. Otherwise this has become an exercise in the ridiculous.

I'm simply referring back to the comment you made in which you stated:

"Raptor started a house fire and now Ray is being sued for it." That statement is untrue.

If you'll note, there's a conjunction in that sentence. To clarify...to which part of the statement about the house fire and lawsuit do you refer when you said "that statement is untrue"? Do you refer to one or both?

I'm simply referring back to the comment you made in which you stated:

If you'll note, there's a conjunction in that sentence. To clarify...to which part of the statement about the house fire and lawsuit do you refer when you said "that statement is untrue"? Do you refer to one or both?

You're a smart guy, figure it out yourself.

I thought this rumor hogwash when I heard it.

If a Head-Fier?s Raptor caused a fire the tale would spread like wildfire. I also think the Head-Fier would feel obligated to warn others about the potential risk to life and property. One way or another you would think this info would get out.

If it happened to someone not associated with Head-Fi, Ray wouldn?t tell anyone, but his closest confidants. Ray is no fool. He wouldn?t risk opening his mouth about this to anyone associated with Head-Fi because the story might be leaked to the Head-Fi masses and that would seriously hurt his business.

I don?t think Tyrion deserves such a lashing for replying in the matter he did to this unsubstantiated ridiculous rumor. No one is omniscient.

I wasn?t the first to mention house fire and RS Audio. I just responded to Yikes. And I did think about that before posting it because I called it a nasty rumor and a possible urban legend. Don?t play it off like that.

As an ambiguous answer as that might have been I think we all knew to a certain degree what he was getting at...

he got a lashing because he responded in lawyer speak. the lawyer speak is also why his original response is so confusing, as it could mean just about anything.

You have got to be kidding with this. I figured KenW was a smart guy and could figure it out as he did. It's okay that you weren't able to. Maybe there is someone here that can explain it to you.