Yet another bitch about RSA thread

Yikes

Read my comment. It's clear and understandable. I am not the one bobbing and weaving. There is is no spin involved. I've been asked to answer

questions and have answered them. People may not like the answer but I can't help that. Why doesn't someone answer my

question. How about you big shot. Why don't you tell me the answer to the questions because if you don't know and know

one else knows then maybe this thread has run it course because all we are discussing is rumors, nasty ones as you put it.

He just asked for clarification as to what part of your statement is untrue, since only part of the statement needs to be false for the entire statement to be considered untrue. I can't understand where you're going with this. I reread this thread and it appears you flipped out... 909 called it an alleged rumor and you start beating down on him for "starting it." You should reread the thread as well, I think your'e in the wrong here (in terms of the ambiguity)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all Chris Rock's fault. I believe he said, "Damn...that amp is so good, it's gunna set the house on fire!"

Can't always take Chris' comments so literally, except for keeping our daughters off the pole.

I seen that also..

my thoughts of this thread: your all pissed off cause you all made yourselves look very stupid and bad with recent statements about the toma and the B..but new york peeps turned around in numbers and told the world your all wrong.

so you being pissy little pussies you all had to start something else.

i guess members of the "cool group" have to stick together and up eachothers butts huh?

oh I tested the Raptor burning wood,metal case like kenW had pics of..it was not the heat or anything from the raptor itself. it was the rubber feet, I will provide more later on tis though.

Guess the rubber feet he used couldn't handle the heat the Raptor generated? Sure would be nice if Ray could have spent a bit more time checking little details like that out. Btw, do they make asbestos feet for high temp components? If the component had a design flaw or defective components like the rubber feet, Ray is still responsible for the damage that occurs. It's ridiculous to think people will only sit components on glass shelves. Many will use a desk or rack with wood or laminated shelving. I've yet to receive any sort of concern, apology or offer to compensate me for the repairs/refinishing that I had to do on the furniture from Ray. Complete silence as a matter of fact. Great service if I do say so! ::)

Btw, "I seen that also"?? Try staying awake during English class Billy boy. ;)

Guess the rubber feet he used couldn't handle the heat the Raptor generated? Sure would be nice if Ray could have spent a bit more time checking little details like that out. Btw, do they make asbestos feet for high temp components? If the component had a design flaw or defective components like the rubber feet, Ray is still responsible for the damage that occurs. It's ridiculous to think people will only sit components on glass shelves. Many will use a desk or rack with wood or laminated shelving. I've yet to receive any sort of concern, apology or offer to compensate me for the repairs/refinishing that I had to do on the furniture from Ray. Complete silence as a matter of fact. Great service if I do say so! ::)

Btw, "I seen that also"?? Try staying awake during English class Billy boy. ;)

actually since he buys them in packs of large number I am sure he never thought to test them out.

Vibrapods have the same probelms, here is the warning from there site..

VIBRAPOD Isolators and Cones can leave rings on woods, acrylics, and painted surfaces. They may also dissolve the paint, especially if it is lacquer. To protect these surfaces and your equipment please use BAR COASTERS or Playing Cards between the VIBRAPOD Isolators and these surfaces.

what you had was a ring, the ring is actually the coolest part of the entire raptor. its not a burn mark but a grease stain from the rubber itself.

you are more negligent in this case then Ray would be cause you "should" of used common sense in placing the Raptor.

then again if your Fello "cool members" would not of started the "RAPTOR SETS CD PLAYER ON FIRE WITH THE CD'S" bullshit on headfi then maybe you would of got more Respect from others.

again just another way for people who hate RSA just to lie and try to start the rumors.

Vibrapods have the same probelms, here is the warning from there site..

what you had was a ring, the ring is actually the coolest part of the entire raptor. its not a burn mark but a grease stain from the rubber itself.

you are more negligent in this case then Ray would be cause you "should" of used common sense in placing the Raptor.

If it's common sense that you don't put rubber feet on furniture, why does vibrapod have to warn people? And those pictures looked more like heat damage than grease from rubber.

Show me a warning included in the Raptor documentation and I'll agree with you 100% Billy. But for a moment let's assume that such a warning is not included, in which Ray would be liable for the damage caused by his unit whether it was heat related or not.

Guest sacd lover

then again if your Fello "cool members" would not of started the "RAPTOR SETS CD PLAYER ON FIRE WITH THE CD'S" bullshit on headfi then maybe you would of got more Respect from others.

Maybe you could explain this one to me because I have no idea what you are talking about. What thread?

Billy...

Grease stain from the rubber feet? Wonder why none of my other components left marks? I've had several amps and CD players on that same night stand for even longer periods of time than the Raptor with no ill effects. You may be correct in your assessment, but if other components with rubber feet/pads can be placed there with no ill effects, it stands to reason the component Ray is using is not of similar quality. Bottom line...Ray is responsible for the materials and components used in construction and performance of the equipment he produces and sells. If he'd taken that approach with me, I wouldn't have had such a bad experience with the man. Even so, I certainly don't "hate" the man. Don't respect him...don't like him but "hate"? Nah.

actually since he buys them in packs of large number I am sure he never thought to test them out.
That doesn't strike me as very intelligent, especially in light of the rumours. If I was a decent manufacturer, I would test my gear just to quell the rumours. Especially after the current set of rumours.
again just another way for people who hate RSA just to lie and try to start the rumors.
What's the expression, "fight fire with fire"?

Not that I believe anyone is lying about anything.

what you had was a ring, the ring is actually the coolest part of the entire raptor.

gollum_my-precious.jpg

In less than 12 days, the Raptor I purchased (and then returned) caused a slight square discoloration in my wooden furniture. Mind you it was pretty minor, but matched the power supply?s near exact dimensions. The feet left no residue, yet I know what you?re talking about.

When I tested the Raptor?s external power supply temperature it read 120 degrees. I can only imagine how hot it must have been internally and my home is always kept cool when I am home.

If I owned the Raptor longer it would have ruined the furniture or at minimum branded a Raptor power supply square in it forever.

I sent 'em to KG. He had them on his server in this thread....

http://www.head-case.org/index.php?topic=660.msg15083#msg15083

Check post 67. "Minor" damage my backside. The wife almost had my head when she saw that. Guess it is relatively "minor" to some but she was none too happy about something as "stupid" as a headphone amp damaging furniture.

That's right Billy, pass the buck some more. It's not Ray's fault, it's the fault of the rubber feet maker, gotta love that rationalization. You're a nut-hugging RSA apologist. Ray built a shit-ass power supply that runs far too hot. The cRaptor has caused heat damage to furniture. The rubber feet may be partially responsible. In any case, since Ray built and sold the damn things, he's the one who bears full responsibility for any damage caused by the cRaptor. Period. Not the rubber feet guy, not the paint guy, not the case guy, not the guy he stole the design from. The buck stops with RSA, end of story.

My Mapleshades Isoblocks (combination of 2 layers of grooved rubber sadwiching a layer of cork) left un-removable lines on my wooden audio stand shelves. I'm not defending or attacking, but I had them there under a Stax 007t for only 3 weeks and that amp is not heavy and doesn't give off much heat. It is the oil in the rubber and I guess the nature of the beast.

Right now, I have a Zana Deux on the top shelf of my livingroom audio furniture and while it sounds quite nice, it produces enough heat to fuel a small country. The chassis is used as a heat sink. The Rudistor RP-33 is solid state and also got extremely hot...to the point that I couldn't keep it.

You wanna talk hot. The most heat put out by any product that I?ve ever owned was my Krell KSA-300s. After two to three hours playing with all of the bias lights lit the amp was too hot to touch, everywhere. It?s a big amp and every square inch was that freaking hot. It got much hotter than my FPB-600?s. Although to be honest when I was using the 600?s I was bi-amping so neither amp was being exactly what I would call taxed.

When I had the CJ Premier Eight XS Monoblock amplifiers in my system (130 watts each triode) the room got hotter, but the amps themselves were warm but not hot. I suppose it?s because the tubes radiated directly into the room.

I sent 'em to KG. He had them on his server in this thread....

http://www.head-case.org/index.php?topic=660.msg15083#msg15083

Check post 67. "Minor" damage my backside. The wife almost had my head when she saw that. Guess it is relatively "minor" to some but she was none too happy about something as "stupid" as a headphone amp damaging furniture.

those are ring marks, oil or grease stains..nothing to do with heat..well the rubber was warmed up to give the ring most likely. a heat mark would be a burn. burn as in black or heavy dark color. thats a stain, thats oil/grease. and also look at the ring, thats not the part where the rubber foot actually touchs the furniture..the ring is from oil/grease given off from the rubber.

That's right Billy, pass the buck some more. It's not Ray's fault, it's the fault of the rubber feet maker, gotta love that rationalization. You're a nut-hugging RSA apologist. Ray built a shit-ass power supply that runs far too hot. The cRaptor has caused heat damage to furniture. The rubber feet may be partially responsible. In any case, since Ray built and sold the damn things, he's the one who bears full responsibility for any damage caused by the cRaptor. Period. Not the rubber feet guy, not the paint guy, not the case guy, not the guy he stole the design from. The buck stops with RSA, end of story.

ask anyone who felt my Raptors power supply at the Ohio meet..they all felt it and said "its not that hot". no its not hot at all. I had a maxed out HR amp here and it ran hotter then the Raptor's p/s...and thats a solid state unit (class A baby!!). the hot thing came from the dude at the chicago meet when the prototype raptor was reveiled, and that was hott! ever since the peeps just stuck with it...so drop it.

The rubber feet on my computer case probably cost less than a penny each. My computer gets kinda toasty and in the years I've owned it it's yet to leave a mark on my table. My cheapass Panasonic DVD player also has rubber feet and it's been sitting on my wooden night table for a couple years now. No marks at all. The Technics receiver I got at a pawn shop has been sitting on my wooden workbench for over a year now, no marks there either. If you're going to tell me that leaving indelible marks is an inherent property of rubber feet, you're fucking ignorant. There are billions of rubber feet under various electronics with don't leave marks at all, therefore I'd say that those which do are defective pieces of shit.

the hot thing came from the dude at the chicago meet when the prototype raptor was reveiled, and that was hott! ever since the peeps just stuck with it...so drop it.

So how do you explain Luco's cRaptor where the damn thing got so hot that the varnish scorched and melted on the transformers?