The Chicago Code

blessingx

Anyone watch the pilot? On the plus side someone is finally using Jennifer Beals and the rest of the cast are interesting choices (and faces). On the negative it's from the creator of The Shield (characters are consistently constipated here too) and every fifth word of the script was 'Chicago' ('That's the Cha-cog-oh way!', 'And that's how we do things in Cha-cog-oh!', etc.). Strange mix between Scorsese-lite action and horrible TV dialogue.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I'm pissed that the assholes at Fox cut this and Lie to Me. And kept such tripe as Glee, Family Values (think that is the name of it) and a bunch of other worthless shit. I think my Fox watching will be down to House and Fringe this fall. Maybe a good thing...

A terrific episode for the series ending. Had the entire season been packed with as much content & intensity, there is no doubt they would have grabbed a bigger fanbase more quickly.

From the beginning, I wondered how the series would continue once the Alderman storyline was finished. Either Gibbons would continue to elude capture (where I'd be constantly frustrated), or they would need to come up with an entirely new "enemy" to battle. Ending the series in one season allows us to view it more as a mini-series, with a predefined end date. One chapter from the book of Teresa Colvin, during which she began her tenure as the first female superintendent of the Chicago PD & her crusade against corruption in her city. As such, I found the ending quite satisfactory.

And kept such tripe as Glee, Family Values (think that is the name of it) and a bunch of other worthless shit.

Hah. I'd love to see the bottom line on Glee vs Lie to Me. I don't think any executive at Fox would dare call it tripe. People are stupid, mainly the 13 year old girls that flock to this shit. Such is our world.

As for Modern Family (on ABC), it's a sweet but edgy and well written show. Most of the situations (this being a sit-com) are unoriginal but it's well written in that the characters are solid and the family structure is deep and believable. And it was #5 in 18-49 this past season. It's not going anywhere.

Unless you were thinking Family Guy... in which case I've got nothing for you.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

No, I was thinking of Raising Hope. Of course it is only a 1/2 hour show. Fox is handicapped somewhat in that local news is at 9:00 (in midwest), so they only have 2 hours of prime time per night versus the 3 hours (7-10) of the other networks. I'm know that Glee has a large following, but it still sucks.

People are stupid' date=' mainly the 13 year old girls that flock to this shit. Such is our world.[/quote']

Probably the crux of the matter...any show that you have to think about or pay attention to doesn't stand much of a chance. Lucky that Fringe is still on.

Edited by Pars