Netbook or iPad?

bhjazz

Light use, no gaming.

WorK: Word, excel, SAS, SPSS, PP, light molecular modeling.

Fun: Web, netflix, or youtube.

I've found some reviews online. BUT as far as I can tell those were for a bit lower end units targeting highchool/college kids. I think this one has a bit faster processor and better videlo card (I think?). See the link below. (fixed)

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-x130e.aspx

As far as I can tell with just a bit of poking around, there were at least three main versions of this machine, each with their subtle variations.

X131e-AMD

X131e-Intel

and X131e-Chromebook.

I am having a hard time getting the ball park MSRP of the AMD.

EDIT:

found at cnet

http://www.cnet.com/products/lenovo-thinkpad-x131e-3372-11-6-e2-1800-windows-8-pro-64-bit-4-gb-ram-320-gb-hdd-series/

Edited by CD44hi

I'd probably look at spending a little more and hope that the actual "value" is a lot higher. Have you looked at the Yoga series at all? Our IT swears by the one he has.

No but i will :)

I've been out of the ccomputer market for a long time. So i have no idea what is what in the ibm lineup. The only reason i was checking the x131 is because i am using the x100.

Thanks Nate!

OK, so while checking out the Lenovo website, the outlet had a great deal on a new X131e. OTD $275 for the new unit. That is about $50-75 cheaper than the refurbs I was checking out.

So I grabbed that. Typing on it right now. This serves the purpose very well.

Cheers :)