Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Well, probably because you could learn a lot just by searching the forums, this question is very familiar. I mean, try searching on "best amp" or something. The fact that you didn't know whether or not the ES1 was still being made told me that (a) you had spent enough time searching to discover its existence, but ( not enough to get the whole story. So try just searching more.
-
Advice on some power conditioning
- Bryston BDA-1 DAC
Interest just went up a notch.- Advice on some power conditioning
Oh.- slow forum
Shoes flying off == double-plus-funneh.- Simple Minds
x2! x12! Alright, that was a typo, but I left it. How about the boomerang? Personal favorite: thermos -- it keeps hot things hot, and cold things cold -- how do it know?- The Headcase Stax thread
Seconded. Headamp is your best choice, if you know nothing about DIY and don't want to have to worry about quality control. I'm pretty sure there isn't any commercial alternative, although you could always commission someone to build it, but then you have to worry about quality control, hence the earlier statement. And: forever is a long time, I'll settle for a couple seconds.- Advice on some power conditioning
I don't think you understand cryotreatment, it doesn't stay cold. I think it's more along the lines of electrons prefer freeze-dried molecules.- Post the last thing you bought!
He bought Cats.- Post the last thing you bought!
Her bokeh are out of fokeh.- slow forum
What?!?!? I forgot which side the tank was on, and I didn't feel like starting the car up again just to move it closer...- Simple Minds
I'm not sure it qualifies as "simple", though. Maybe simple to use, but certainly not simple internals...- ATH-AD1000PRM, ATH-ESW10JPN
Damn! Thanks for the heads-up on this, I need to hurry up and get around to getting myself a pair of these...- slow forum
When I watched Dollhouse last night on hulu, they used a 10? 15? second clip of that to advertise the Honda Civic with the tagline, "fun and functional". Of course, I immediately went looking for the video and didn't find it. So...thanks!- slow forum
- Please recommend speaker stands
Mmm...marble.- slow forum
- The death of fidelity.
Original(-ish) image Actually, I really like the pair of them.- The death of fidelity.
- Post the last thing you bought!
I mean, "You know what you doing!" I crack me up.- Post the last thing you bought!
I believe her bokeh are spokeh for.- Simple Minds
The piano -- just stuff a harp in a box, then add remote controlled hammers: Harpo Marx destroys a piano- brass or gold feet
First of all -- cool idea, hadn't heard that one before, I might have to try it. Secondly -- is that really enough? Probably for most gear, but for gear that isn't, one might consider embedding a coin between two pieces of cut up mouse pad. Or maybe a coin on the side which receives the pointy part of the brass foot, and mousepadding on the floor or shelf side.- Dell Inspiron Mini 9 as a Transport
From the FAQ: EDIT: Damnit, Al beat me!- Dell Inspiron Mini 9 as a Transport
Dang, that is cute...and starting at only $299! - Bryston BDA-1 DAC
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.