Alessandro

Guest sacd lover

Guest sacd lover

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about a new headphone .... or modded headphone called the Alessandro MS2 Magnum. A head-fi buddy mentioned this to me. The phone will cost like $200-300 more than the standard headphone and supposedly be very PS-1 like. Anyone? ???

I know the head-fi'er who is doing this personally, and while it has taken some time to get off the ground, I am very excited to hear the finished product. If it is coming out this month I am surprised I haven't recieved a request to whip up a meet. Might have to send him a PM and see what's up. :D

I know the head-fi'er who is doing this personally, and while it has taken some time to get off the ground, I am very excited to hear the finished product. If it is coming out this month I am surprised I haven't recieved a request to whip up a meet. Might have to send him a PM and see what's up. :D

So does this have any connection with Alessandro? Or is he marketing them himself? Feel free to ignore this if you can't give out that info

Guest sacd lover

No this has no connection to Alessandro other than the fact the MS-2i's are the base headphones for these mods.

Thanks .... this is the answer I was looking for. ;)

No, the sound as well. Not sure how much I can say, but the builder has reason to believe that the MS-2i uses the same driver as the MS Pro's... and I don't know that they are necessarily going to look like the HP1000. Definitely aluminum construction though, and will be trying to create a similar sound. ;)

I suspect a large part of the HPK's sound signature is due to the driver, and I suspect the Alessandro does not have quite the same driver, hence I am not sure it will sound like the HP1000. Yes, I know, that's an awful lot of conjecture but do you know what? I'm comfortable with that. Can't wait to hear for myself, though.

Guest sacd lover

I imagine it will be pretty pricey. Wouldn't surprise me if they are $1k.

I was told the opposite .... that the Magnum version would be $200-300 more than the M2Si. I hope I am right and you are not. But at this point no one knows for sure. :-\

I was told the opposite .... that the Magnum version would be $200-300 more than the M2Si. I hope I am right and you are not. But at this point no one knows for sure.
I would expect it to be $300-500 personally, but a $200 pricetag would sure be nice. :D

As for the sound signature of the drivers... meh. You can make the MS-1 sound bassier than an HF-1 with a simple tweak that costs nothing. I would imagine that there are many ways [enclosure, driver tweaks, etc] that the MS-Pro driver could be made to sound more HP1000 like. ;)

Are the drivers going to remain in the plastic driver enclosures, or has he managed to get the driver out of the plastic? I had wanted to do a one-piece enclosure when I woodied the 325 similar to the RS-1, but the plastic driver was super-glued to the plastic enclosure, so all I could replace was the metal outer cup. Just curious...