CanLanta 2013 - May 4th - Atlanta, GA

MexicanDragon

Update:

CanLanta 2013
May 4th, 2013
Time: TBA
Marriott Century Center
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlne-atlanta-marriott-century-center-emory-area/

Link for Hotel at discounted rate

Original:
Hey guys and gals,

Some of the Atlanta crew is looking to throw together a shindig in the spring. We usually have a decent turnout locally, and we sometimes partner with a big audio club in the area which gets some of the speaker guys out to play, but this year we're wanting to see if some of you guys would be interested in heading out to check out Atlanta for a few days (with a meet in the middle.)

We have a venue that would probably be able to house a CanJam style meet if there was interest in a non-RMAF version, so let me know if anyone would be interested.

The idea is to plan around finals for the college set, but if anyone has a date in mind, post up.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon

Sweet.  Let us know a time frame that's good for you and I'll try to see how it works with GaTech and other Atlanta schools.  I'd imagine it's close.  Trav (some of you know him) is going to be handling the Head-Fi part, I think, but we've been talking about putting together another meet for a while now.

**BRENT**

Thanks TomB!  We'll let you know when it's a little closer

So, earlier the better, but after 4/20.  Trav, can you check on April 27th and May 4th availability?  Mike, JP, luvdunhill, dinni, those dates good for you?  I'm sure Purk and fitz will be in here shortly as well.  For the out-of-towners, maybe you can bring some small/portable rigs?

Trav, can you get in touch with JHAudio about 13 and 16 demos, and does anyone know about demos for UE Capitols?

I think this could be a good meet (lots of people still into the hobby there) and hopefully we can have a fun gathering too!

**BRENT**

Talked to Trav, I think we're going to try to nail down May 4.  Does that work for the out of towners?

In Atlanta, we typically do the one-day thing, but if we're going to have out of town guests, we'll definitely try to entertain.  Now, I'm 2 hours out, so not necessarily my "hometown", but Antico Pizza (perhaps Saturday night), maybe we can find some music to get into.  Perhaps JP can lead us on a pub crawl?

Oh... it's a bit out of the way, but does this sound fun to anyone, for maybe Sunday? http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.com/our-services/karting/

It's the only F1 spec kart track in America, and it's 20$/session (8 minutes, 12-20 laps, I think).

**BRENT**

I think it'd be fun, and I've been wanting to get down there.  I have friends who've run the big track a few times and really like it (just opened this past year), and the karts are all 50+mph.  If there's interest, I'll contact the owners and I have racing buddies in the area who are usually game for this kinda thing.  I already know a couple of them are game.

**BRENT**

Since we seem to have a date in mind now, I just shot off an e-mail to the head of the A-VCOA (Audio-Visual Club Of Atlanta), who has helped with an AXPONA and held two headphone specific meets of their own, one of which they even brought in our good buddy Tyll for a presentation.  While most of these guys and gals are "speaker people", there are some people with some nice headphone rigs as well.

**BRENT**