Upgrading from HD202

klost

First of all, hi! First post here.

I have been using the HD202 for a while and became more interested in audio, I've been looking into two headphones the DT770 80ohms and the Shure's SRH840, what I've read is that the mids on the DT770 are recessed, so vocals wouldn't be as good as they should, and while some say the SRH840 are awesome and balanced, some say they are overhyped, I really can't choose between them. I've also looked into the HD600 this being more expensive and open, I don't want anyone around me to be able to listen to it, so I must ask compared to the HD202 how is the leakage on those?

I listen to POP, Classic, and KPOP. The use for the headphone is 80% music 20% gaming and movies ocassionaly.

Thanks guys.

Hardly anyone here is familiar with the HD202, so won't be able to help.

If your first step was with your right foot, then the logical next step is with your left.  And vice versa.

Also the Shure is much more balanced than the Beyer, especially in the mids.  I would definitely not call it overhyped (smiley-face frequency response).  Unless you mean that too many people say too many good things about it, that may be.

Maybe he's just a fan of the Kong Lives Original Soundtrack (yes, it took me that long to think of a name of a movie with the initials, 'k.l.').