Comcast Xfinity Streampix...

Pars

Prompted by the thread on The Wire, I noticed that it is available on Xfinity's new Streampix offering. Since I have Comcast triple play (1st mistake :) ), I get this for free. Unfortunately, The Wire is an online only offering (some stuff on Streampix can go right to your TV, others not).

So my question is, if I wanted to watch this on a TV instead of the computer, can I do so, and if so, how? Also, I do have a PS3 that I could use, if this is a way to do so.

So mac laptop , play on laptop -> sling desktop -> Apple TV -> HDMI out -> TV?

(wires trailing across the room are so last millennium)

Of course If you used other* means to get your content, you wouldn't suffer the limitations of Streampix .

* Other streaming services are available.

Thanks. I guess I will need a mini display port to HDMI cable? I will also take a look at the PS3 and see what I can do with HBO Go (we have HBO, Game of Thrones... duh). :rofl:

i use a minidisplay port to hdmi cable to watch streaming youtube stuff (concerts festivals etc) and it works splendidly.

Yeah, I'll have to try that. Muddled thru the PS3 tonight, and finally got logged in and was going to watch an episode. GD Flash player in the PS3 browser is v9.xx, and it needs v11.xx to play the Streampix stuff. Tried to update Flash and it apparently is the last and latest version for that browser. How I hate Flash :indra:

Don't know if I can update the browser or not. I think the cable on the laptop is looking more and more promising :)