Your recent music purchases

deepak

:o

Damn mine isn't here yet

I hope you like black. :angel:

Seriously, its a really solid set. I haven't spent too much time with it yet, but the cases are hard, the slip cases are tough with metal NIN logos on them, and it looks like the vinyl sleeves have some kind of felt lining. :kitty: Very fancy.

Just ordered my monthly music,

Yasmin Levy - Mano Suave

Husky Rescue - Country Falls

Karen Dalton - In my own time

Karen Dalton - It's so hard to tell who's going to love you the best

Alfonso X el Sabio - Cantigas de Santa Maria

Tina Dico - Count to Ten

Sia - Some people have real problems

Hey, what's a good source for anime soundtracks? Mail order, online?

I used to get them from amazon.co.jp... but they did away with their really cheap shipping rates so I've started looking other places. I got this last batch from cdjapan.co.jp, which was nice not having to deal with the amazon website clusterfuck. Approximately 98% of the US-based websites selling anime soundtracks and such are bootlegs though, so ya gotta watch out.

Dead Can Dance/ Set of 9 SACDs Hybrid Stereo SACD

Dave Alvin, Blackjack David Hybrid Stereo SACD

The Kinks, Everybody's in Show-Biz Hybrid Stereo SACD

Pat Martino, East! Hybrid Stereo SACD

Coleman Hawkins, The Hawk Flies High Hybrid Mono SACD

Art Pepper, The Way It Was! Hybrid Stereo SACD

I can't find the post now -- who is selling pre-orders for cheap (or is it free shipping)?

I don't know if it is the same thing you are thinking about, but some site had an error that allowed you to sign up for the set for the price of one disc or something. They corrected it and canceled the orders.

No, I'd be looking for a normal discount, one they could still make money on, but a discount to us "early adopters" who "bought in".

Something like the box set mentioned on the 4AD site:

I assumed as much, but the only thing I had read about was the glitchy one. Acoustic Sounds has the box set, but I am not sure if 4AD will ever offer it directly or more cheaply.

Actually, it says "set", not "box" -- I wouldn't be surprised if they're just offering a package discount if you get all of them (looks like it's priced such that you get the EP for free), like the RCA Living Stereo sets. 4AD explicitly mentions a box set in the context of the Japanese mini-LP covers, which would make more sense.

I wrote them, guess I better just hope they see my email.

Oh, and for anime fans, are you as excited as I am that they're coming out with three Kenji Kawai compilations? Unfortunately, I only see a couple tracks each from GITS, GITS2:I, and Spirited Away (from googling), but at least they have "Reincarnation" (one of my favorite tracks ever). :prettyprincess:

Actually, it says "set", not "box" -- I wouldn't be surprised if they're just offering a package discount if you get all of them (looks like it's priced such that you get the EP for free), like the RCA Living Stereo sets. 4AD explicitly mentions a box set in the context of the Japanese mini-LP covers, which would make more sense.

I wrote them, guess I better just hope they see my email.

I am assuming that the SACDs I ordered will not be in a box per se, but will have the mini-LP sleeves because that is how 4AD says they are packaging them. I agree that the 4AD "box set" might be something different in that it might be in a box set configuration. In any event, let us know what you hear if they respond to you.

I'm like a BMG charter member, this order should be here in another day or two.

Ali Farka Toure

In The Heart Of the Moon

162809.gif

Lizz Wright

Salt

148633.gif

Cassandra Wilson

Thunderbird

164363.gif

Hugh Masekela

The Best Of Hugh Masekela - The Millennium Collection

168824.gif

Eliane Elias

Something For You - Eliane Elias Sings & Plays Bill Evans

172947.gif

The Groove Collective

People People Music Music

168232.gif

Magdalena Kozena

Lamento

162149.gif

Kurt Masur

Mendelssohn, Symphonies 3&4; Midsummer Night's Dream; Violin Cto.

241602.gif

I'm also a sucker for music junk mail, I'm about to bite on the Jazz Heritage Society offer, 5 cds for 99 cents each.