slow forum

postjack

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the mouse under a pile of papers. Now where are my Senn HD580s...oh yes Sennheiser is looking for them :mikey1:

SR-60s it is, time to get pwned, I haven't played in so long

Hmm...still somewhat have it, haven't played since last summer. Second round in italy was much better.

untitled1qt9.th.jpg

Our team came back from 0-5, which was 8)

How fast are you with the Dvorak? It's supposed to be much more efficient than QWERTY isn't it?

As I understand it QWERTY was made initially to slow down typists using typewriters so they wouldn't jam the machine.

Not at all anymore. I was okay with it, but using Dvorak at home while using QWERTY at work made my typing slower with both keyboard, so I stopped using Dvorak at home (made playing game a pain, too). I may start re-learning it now that I found a keyboard skin that has Dvorak key layout preprinted that I can use with my keyboard.

I think Dvorak is supposed to be easier on your hands/fingers.

The slowing down thing is a myth perpetrated by the dvorak people as far as I know.
No, it's the truth -- they made it so that frequently adjacent letters couldn't be typed in rapid succession, in the old days of keyed (not ball) typewriters, so that it minimized the chances of jamming...still happened (anyone who's used such a typewriter knows).

QWERTY was made to alternate your hands, not slow you down. The slowing down thing is a myth perpetrated by the dvorak people as far as I know.

Yeah I believe there is truth to what Dusty says. It was intended for people to single "cluck" type. Later on the F and J became the home keys.

That's slowing down the adjacent letters, not the typing in general, though I guess you could interpret it that way.

Well if they were arranged alphabetically it would be faster for the person typing since there's minimum memorization of the keyboard. So slowing down adjacent letters is slowing down their overall speed.

no... i mean for gathering information. Example: they don't tell me what they actually do inside the amp. When it comes to dacs I want to organize them(for the "all the dacs money can buy" thread)... and know what's inside before i buy them. well, i can't do that if they puff smoke all over the product!

most of the dacs on that thread that don't have details are precisely for this reason... goes from the low end all the way to 5-15K dacs.... smoke, smoke and more smoke!

example: http://www.twindac.com/Innovations.htm

I'm in no rush. Are you?

Just write-up a cookie cutter email--change the manufacturer, model, and make a broad request and send two or three emails a day. If you know a particular contact person's name, it's always best to address it directly to them.

Personally, I don't care -- I think Rosie and The Price is Right is a match made in heaven -- I can avoid both just by not watching one show.

lol, true. I'm never home when its on anyway, so really I shouldn't care. But when I was 4 years old it was my favorite show on TV. My mom used to tape it for me everyday and I'd watch it when I got home from preschool. :) Plinko was my favorite.