Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Stupid f'ing UPS, they've had my package of parts less than 50 miles away for the past three days. No mini3-2 this weekend. :mikey1:

I had a similar thing happen to me where an item I bought was shipped via their "3 Day Select" service. The package sat at a local sorting facility for two days so it can be delivered on the 3rd day from shipping. Stupid.

other than the iron, that sounds like a fun filled purchase combo! Feist is so fucking good. have you installed Leopard yet?

I've listened to some of her songs (aside from the one on the nano ad) and been meaning to get her albums - haven't gotten around to listening to them yet, though.

And nope, I haven't installed Leopard yet, but will in couple of hours.

Well after a little scare with my iBook, which where I'm typing this from, I just started the Leopard install process on my iMac as I watch the World Series. I'll play with it once I'm done working on a group project for a continuing ed class (stupid furthering my education, LOL).

Okay, so the Leopard installation went smoothly, and I've checked most of the applications I use and they work fine.

Few things -

• Safari is running better than the beta (duh). No random crashes in middle of surfing and I think it's marginally faster than beta, but I could be imagining that.
  • Stacks are stupid. It may be useful if you only have handful of document/downloads, but that's not the case here. I like the Tiger's folder on Dock better.
  • I love Quick Look - I make multiple revisions of same documents and it makes finding the right one easier.
  • On the similar note, I really love Cover Flow for my picture folder.
  • Jury's still out on Spaces. I'm still playing around with it and I like it so far.
  • Time Machine....I've no idea. My backup drive had died last week so I need to get one before I use this feature.
  • Transparent menu bar could be annoying with some background.

Oh, and I just ordered extra memory for my iMac.

Leopard, for the most part, is pretty snappy. My machine's iMac 2GHz Core 2 Duo with 1GB of memory. Non-Intel-native programs, like MS Office programs, affects it noticeably, especially while using the Spaces. Of course, this is with the Time Machine performing the initial backup in the background, too.

Oh, while I'm liking the Spaces, there are some odd quirks that I haven't really looked into yet.

Also, let us know how it sounds.

Ok, so the HCT/Dared arrived this afternoon. Initial thoughts have me laughing Dr. Evil style that I paid as little as I did for it. For one thing it's in pretty good shape, just a minor mark here and there and it sounds pretty decent. There's something a bit artificial about it but I don't really care about its performance as a headphone amp, I'll be much more interested to get it home and see how it does driving a small pair of bookshelf speakers. I've got a little pair of Boston Acoustics HD-5s that are itching for something to shake the dust off them.