Pictures

postjack

So I was writing a review of a new pen I bought over at the Fountain Pen Network, and the wood colored ebonite inspired me to take some pics of it in juxtaposition to my RS-1. I thought I'd share.

bexleydeluxeantiquecreagx4.jpg

bexleydeluxeantiquecreajs8.jpg

bexleydeluxeantiquecreavz7.jpg

Kind of a pipe dream, but it would be cool to see ebonite used in a headphone design, even though it would be both pointless and impractical.

The pen is a Bexley Deluxe II in Antique Cream.

Boutique penssssss....>:D

Cool photos. ;) Ebonite, aye? I wonder how headphones made of these plastics would sound.

Edit: I read your review. It seems like you've got quite an enjoyable passion there. ;D Awesome!

God I want those headphones so badly. Unfortunately I'm in school right now to become a pharmacist (please no autographs) so I have absolutely no money to spare.

once you finish yo'll have $87k a year to buy headphones...thats a hard ass study to go for btw..

(not sure of the figures are now but months back yearly starting around Chicago was $87K rite out of school)

What would you guys recommend as a decent pen to try and improve my cursive? Right now I have this pseudo printing-cursive style from years of lecture note taking; it's not pretty. And when I write orders I have to write in block capitals to make sure nurses won't bitch about my writing :P

Lammy Safari?

Again I ask, why would anyone prefer a pen over a pencil?!
Because 99% of the time, the only thing I need it for is signing checks and stuff.
What would you guys recommend as a decent pen to try and improve my cursive?
It's not the pen, it's the pen operator. And that's not meant as a criticism -- I have terrible handwriting, worse than most, probably worse than yours. I just happen to know that to improve your cursive, you should probably just practice writing in cursive. Practice makes perfect.

I held a pen on Saturday night that I actually now want. Ballpoint, too.

What would you guys recommend as a decent pen to try and improve my cursive? Right now I have this pseudo printing-cursive style from years of lecture note taking; it's not pretty. And when I write orders I have to write in block capitals to make sure nurses won't bitch about my writing :P

Lammy Safari?

A Lamy Safari is indeed a great pen, if you don't mind the bauhaus plasticky looks (I don't, I have one in my pen cup at work at all times). The Lamy does have a molded grip that encourages a proper, or tripod, pen grip. This can be annoying if you have an irregular grip.

A regular "round" nib may not necessarily make your handwriting all of the sudden better, but using a fountain pen in general requires more concentration, and as a result of this you might get better writing.

To learn more about nibs, check out Richard Binder's indispensable articles on the subject:

http://www.richardspens.com/?page=ref_info/nib_primer.htm

Lamy's steel nibs are tough as nails and about as hard. They won't give you that soft touch you get from a gold nib, but there is nothing wrong with that. Another pen to consider is a Pelikan M200, runs about $60.

Because 99% of the time, the only thing I need it for is signing checks and stuff.It's not the pen, it's the pen operator. And that's not meant as a criticism -- I have terrible handwriting, worse than most, probably worse than yours. I just happen to know that to improve your cursive, you should probably just practice writing in cursive. Practice makes perfect.

I held a pen on Saturday night that I actually now want. Ballpoint, too.

I agree but a nib would force me to write slower (and postjack mentions requires more concentration).

Good info postjack, I appreciate it :)

As for the Lamy, looks don't matter I'd be using it only at home.

Lammy Safari?

At least you can write in cursive. I never learned to write in cursive and I have a tough time reading it as well. When my students' parents write notes in cursive, I usually just hand them to my classroom teachers since they'll be able to read them quicker.

At least you can write in cursive. I never learned to write in cursive and I have a tough time reading it as well. When my students' parents write notes in cursive, I usually just hand them to my classroom teachers since they'll be able to read them quicker.

I have problems reading some of the "cursive" from most physicians. It's a good thing almost everything is done by computer now.

My dad has his own "style" of writing, it's the most interesting chicken scratch I've ever seen. It's neither cursive or printing, but its own moon script :laugh: