Hey

iceman94

Yeah, thats me. The Boston meet was fun :), I definitely remember meeting you there.

I should clarify, I don't have the Northstar yet, it's just what I'm planning on getting- I'm working on paying off a demo model of the poweramp first. I basically went with it because of you and Reks, along with a couple of other impressions dug up elsewhere.

Is there anyone here who calls everything a "coke"? >:D

Cool. So are you demoing the Northstar DAC as well? I doubt you'll be disappointed in it. This is my end all DAC for my headphone setup.

edit: aren't tkam and Reks from Ohio? Is there a regional divide in your yooge state? I'm calling it soda no matter where I move, it just sounds right :P

By "the poweramp" I mean the Moscode I mentioned before, which is a really sweet hybrid I found over at Audiocircle. You barely ever find it used, but the company had some B-stock left.

I'm going with just the Northstar DAC for now, I guess I'll wait for a good deal on Audiogon. It's my way of finding a transport-less Resolution Opus 21 :), or trying to come close to that. I'll see how DRC and a Squeezebox-only transport go, and then I'll either keep the setup, actually get an Opus 21 (loved it at the Boston meet), or maybe wait for a Modwright tubed-output Transporter.

not me, i'm a soda swilling 14 foot tall combat cyborg, after all.
You are?!?!? Holy shit, when did this happen?
good point! sometimes it's good to be an AI.
Make up your (virtual) mind, please.

BTW, most Pittsburghers are more polite than that -- they won't shoot you, they'll just look at you with a frown like they're trying to figure out if you're from out of town or not. Then sell you whatever it is you want.

Pop is like rock, except not as hard (just hard rock is like heavy metal, only not as hard). I might ask what sodas a soda jerk (heh-heh) has, but if I'm ordering something, I'll order it specifically.

I usually drink iced tea (which I pronounce, 'ice tea'), anyway.