mmmmm... Donuts!

philodox

We all know that I need a pair of MS-Pro's or RS-1's. :angel:

You and me both!

I'd be willing to give the donuts another try if you get decide to keep them and tweak them some more, I think the main problem for me was just that they were too hard to drive. They were too lean on the aikido, and better on the beta22, but still not there for me.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that beta was setup for a gain of 5 single-ended it has an effective gain of 10 balanced. And I hope Steve didn't have his beta setup for a gain of 11, jebus I can't imagine what would need a gain of 22. :o Touch the knob on that amp and Grado's would explode.
It was only single ended. Not a balanced beta22. ;)

It sounded pretty good, but we needed to max the volume out even with the zapfiltered opus.

Steve's balanced beta22 was not done. I think that balanced it would have been ok. I'm pretty sure Steve's is going to be balanced with a gain of 11, so you might want to PM him and/or Fierce_Freak if you think that is a bad idea.

We could only hear them balanced on my amp, and it was not a good match. The Orthodynamic drivers in those headphones have an impedance of 120ohms, but must be extremely sensitive or something. There has been some speculation as to whether or not they present a capacitive load. Anyways, they don't exactly sound right on my amp. :P

Sorry if I wasn't clear. :)

It's going to be a gain of 10 effective (gain of 5 per board). That should give it the umph it needs...It sounded good to me out of my single-ended Beta22 with the zapped Opus, but I do listen a lot lower in volume than most people.

That's good to hear, holy shit a gain of 22 would have been epic though and ever so appropriate given the amp's name.