The HE60 sounds good

Elephas

Wait til you hear them out of the ES-1 with the tubes I sent you. (Well I'd suggest Sylvania VT231 6SN7s in the midstage). Even Mikhail was surprised at how good that combo sound though he had said he had heard it in the past but he kept listening to it and struggling to remember if it had really been that good. LDJ said it was the best sounding headphone set up he'd ever heard preiod.

Strange, you are always saying the HE90 is forward sounding [which I haven't noticed when I heard them], but I did notice that the HE60's are very forward.

I don't find the HE90 forward sounding at all. They have some slight upper midrange hardness but it's minor. The HE60 can emphasize the HF a bit but not enough to be considered forward. We could have a different take on the term though.

:( My HE60 seems to be lost in the mail system some where. It has been 17 days, and it has yet to turn up. :( Looking good Elephas!!

That does indeed suck balls... any tracking or insurance on the package?

Haha, another newbie.

I take back the thread title. The HE60 sounds better than good, it is amazingly excellent!

It my favorite headphone along with the O2, R10 and K1000, which are followed by the L3000, W5000, and 4070. I still haven't heard the HE90.

I sometimes think the O2 can be a bit dark-sounding, and the HE60 is the perfect cure for that. Brighter than the O2 and very fast. Details are superb. Plenty of bass impact and quantity.

Alex, thanks for the refurb and Stax plug.

The HE60 was the first high end cans I've listened to in a HiFi shop in Toronto. I bought the HD600's shortly after. Sennheiser is off my list for any future purchases since they've clearly abandoned the high end headphone market. They will lose lose lose at the mass market game in the long run.

-Ed