alessandro ms-pro

mjg

i saw this ebay guy has a pair and he seems legit.

mjg, if the ebay guy you are referring to is "hounddogcorp", that is the sales arm of Alessandro. At least, that was the email address I communicated with when I tried to order an MS2i new from them. Ended up canceling my order because it wasn't in stock and that made me angry.

mjg, if the ebay guy you are referring to is "hounddogcorp", that is the sales arm of Alessandro.

That is good to know. When I tried contacting Alessandro through their website last year, it was a miserable experience; the lack of responses and direction was troubling.

I want to preface this post by saying the following is pure speculation, as I have yet to hear a pair of MS-Pros...

After hearing the difference in my HF-1 after removing the button when rescreening them, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the major difference. Grados seem very sensitive to reflected sound, and there's a definite difference in the treble when the buttons have been removed. Perhaps the new buttonless RS-1 sounds closer to the MS-Pro. Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me if the button going away and the new lettering are the only changes.

And slightly unrelated, the new look RS-1 has definitely grown on me...

I can't say I noticed much of a difference after I removed the buttons on my Grado 225, then again that was a long time ago and I didn't exactly carry out exhaustive comparison tests. I just pulled the buttons off one day and that was that. I should probably stick'em back on or something and do some quickie tests some time.

I expect RS-1 to continue sounding much different than MS-Pro.
I think that the differences between different pairs of RS-1s and different pairs of MS-Pros are larger than the differences between the two models. I believe that the RS-1 and the MS-Pro we had at the Salamanca meet were both 'new stock'. I remember hearing bigger differences between that really nice old pair of RS-1s and the new pair that were at one of my Hamilton meets.

We'll have to do another meet sometime. I'm curious about the MS-Pro/RS-1 sound, if Renato is coming.

Also, I'm looking forward to getting an Oppo source, if the new DV-983 model is decent (should be released early next year). Then I can finally use those RCA interconnects you gave me last time.

We'll have to do another meet sometime. I'm curious about the MS-Pro/RS-1 sound, if Renato is coming.

I'll do my best to be there. Who's bringing the RS-1? As Phil... said, there is probably more difference between production runs than between my MS-Pro and Fierce Freak's RS-1 (even the color of the cups). Bring the HP-2 if you want to come. >:D

Renato