KAB is selling Mogami ICs

postjack

http://www.kabusa.com/wirewin.htm

I know a few DIY folks around here are fans of the Mogami cables. While browsing the KAB site I saw this. Not sure how long he has been doing it, but it looks like good cables at a good price, if all of one's DIY friends are busy with other projects. :)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Those don't look too bad. I would like to get a closer look at their standard connectors used on all but the Classical cables. They up the price quite a bit for the Neutrik Pro-Fis on the Classical model, though not to normal cable pricing :P

The audioquest ones look unappetizing with their pvc and ten cent rca jacks :\

The straightwires are maybe .5 step up from the aq ones.

As for the kab ones, the only ones worth looking at are the jazz and classical. The price isn't bad at all for the classical, but nate jeans cable is much better because nate fine tunes the sound on a statement level headphone rig, unlike kab who probably are just some random "company" who are out to make a buck, not spread headphone hifi love.

Think of nate jeans cable as PBS. You pay not only for the cable, but your continued support keeps nate alive. Just look at all the fabulous posts he makes. He even graces us with his sexy movie star good looks. All this and a bag of chips, brought to the interweb daily-made possible by viewers like you.

As for the kab ones, the only ones worth looking at are the jazz and classical. The price isn't bad at all for the classical, but nate jeans cable is much better because nate fine tunes the sound on a statement level headphone rig, unlike kab who probably are just some random "company" who are out to make a buck, not spread headphone hifi love.

yes, kab wants to spread direct drive love to everybody. trust me, he is VERY passionate about the technics sl1200mk2. ;D sure he wants to make a buck too, but the amount of time he put into making those 1200 mods is crazy.

[me=postjack]shills[/me]

Does he DJ a lot?

:angel:

you're a DJ! >:(

;)

But seriously. The guy has created and produced a threaded clamp, a strobe light disabler, an external PSU, a tonearm fluid damper, a 78RPM mod, isonoe footers, a line of integrated carts, and most recently a variety of hardwood cabinet bases, all only for the Technics SL1200. He's crazy as hell about this table.