Your preference for RCA plugs/jacks and Binding Posts?

fierce_freak

I had the Edison Price posts that Tkam referenced on a Hafler amp I used to have and they were very nice... I like them much better than whatever is on my Odyssey, but I'm just too damn lazy to do anything about it :o

For RCAs (chassis mount), I've used the Daytons (Partsexpress), the Cardas CFTA (the cheap ones... MisterX turned me onto those), and some I got from diyfidelity down under which I haven't actually put on anything yet but look good (damn are they tight!).

If you want to spend big bucks, my recommendation (without actually using them) would be the Vampire CM1FCB or CM2FCB which are direct gold plate over OFC copper. Only $20 a pair (actually not that bad unless you need 10 pairs...). Or there's always WBT for insane prices... The WBT Nextgen is supposedly 75 ohms when used with the corresponding cable connector, but I haven't seen anyone verify that and would attribute it to mktg. BS until I do. Even so, if you need 75 ohms, BNC is the way to go...

Thanks for the suggestions on the binding posts, guys. As far as RCA, I like the Profi's, too, and was hoping someone could compare them to the pricier stuff like Eichmann, WBT, Vampire/XHADOW, or LOK. I've used Neutrik RCA jacks as well up to this point, and I've used some of the jacks at partsconnexion in some stuff I've done for other people, but I haven't actually compared the two.

• 1 month later...