Foldable phone anyone?

Torpedo

I've been using iPhone iterations for some years. I like the Apple ecosystem and all that, but I dislike their phones being larger and larger, those protruding camera lenses and their not having headphone jack. I think I could enjoy one of those foldable phones that fit into the front pocket of your jeans. Any experiences that you may share?

Yes, I'm talking about that kind of phones, Samsung Z-Flip 5, Motorola Razr+, Oppo N2, etc. I think they don't have jacks either, but all have the extra, compared to the 14, of being much smaller and fitting in a pocket. I also like the smallish outer screen that offers quick message replying and other gadgets.

The day you see me buying anything Woo Audio call a neurologist :rofl:

• Haha 3

I've had a Samsung Z Flip 5G (Z Flip 2) that I've liked, though I would COMPLETELY recommend going with a Z Flip 5 that comes out next week. You can get great trade in deals right now, but they're also offering a free storage upgrade now, so I'd just do that.

The front screen on the new one is large enough to give you data and even have a keyboard on the front (though I'd recommend using the SWYPE-style features on that where you trace out your words instead of typing them, as it is pretty small.)

I'd also get a good case for it. My friend who has had every Flip since the 5G (he gave me his old one; I use it as my second/work line) has an Otterbox, but I got him hooked on Spigen cases and he hasn't looked back. He's moving on to a Fold 5, which isn't going to suit your purposes, but if you're looking for slimmer, I think it's going to be a great way to go.

You can use a USB-C to 3.5mm jack, or get fancy with any non-Grahame recommended USB-C DACs (there are some good ones out there), and can have a really nice little pocket rig.

There are some other companies making foldables, including a more budget-friendly Motorola Razr that's coming out soon, if not already, but Samsung has the most marketshare, and I've been getting consistent security updates on my 3-year old version, which is the reason I got away from Android (and over to the darkside) for single phone/work-related stuff anyways.

I've moved mostly over to the Cult of Steve (no, not @swt61) for the most part, but still try to play both sides (again, no, not talking about you @swt61), so feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have and I'll do my best to help you out.

7 hours ago, MexicanDragon said:

I've had a Samsung Z Flip 5G (Z Flip 2) that I've liked, though I would COMPLETELY recommend going with a Z Flip 5 that comes out next week. You can get great trade in deals right now, but they're also offering a free storage upgrade now, so I'd just do that.

The front screen on the new one is large enough to give you data and even have a keyboard on the front (though I'd recommend using the SWYPE-style features on that where you trace out your words instead of typing them, as it is pretty small.)

I'd also get a good case for it. My friend who has had every Flip since the 5G (he gave me his old one; I use it as my second/work line) has an Otterbox, but I got him hooked on Spigen cases and he hasn't looked back. He's moving on to a Fold 5, which isn't going to suit your purposes, but if you're looking for slimmer, I think it's going to be a great way to go.

You can use a USB-C to 3.5mm jack, or get fancy with any non-Grahame recommended USB-C DACs (there are some good ones out there), and can have a really nice little pocket rig.

There are some other companies making foldables, including a more budget-friendly Motorola Razr that's coming out soon, if not already, but Samsung has the most marketshare, and I've been getting consistent security updates on my 3-year old version, which is the reason I got away from Android (and over to the darkside) for single phone/work-related stuff anyways.

I've moved mostly over to the Cult of Steve (no, not @swt61) for the most part, but still try to play both sides (again, no, not talking about you @swt61), so feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have and I'll do my best to help you out.

Thanks for the elaborated reply, Brent. How easy is to send pictures, videos and other files from the phone to the Mac/iPad? That's one of the problems I'm experiencing now for the current phone being a very different OS generation, not updateable.

I think I can't wait for the the next new Samsung model. My ISP/phone provider would give me the Z4 for free just for keeping my current data/TV pack for the next 4 years, which I was most likely going to do. I've been a client since 1997. Other models are available but may need a rather small monthly payment. The Z5 is not expected to be included in the offer, but I can ask.

• Like 2