Pantload of new music from Steve Hoffman!

deepak

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so in regards to the Blue Note SACDs, at long, long, long last:

The Blue Note SACDs will be shipping at the end of January. We will ship about 4 or 5 titles in the first shipment so that we are on track to finish the subscription at the end of the year.

I have a good feeling about this, because it is the first time I have been directly contacted by an individual at A.S. as opposed to the email blast/robot responder. They wanted to confirm the status of my account, yadda yadda.

Same, except I've avoided the vinyl for this series, because way back when they said it would be dual format. (and I have no TT)

I've been waiting a while to hear the stuff. :)

I still think they should offer the SACDs to vinyl subscribers for an upcharge but well under the separate price. The package might not be bought by that many people, but it would resolve that dilemma for some.

dude you are tt'less? I thought you were getting a snazzy new deck a while ago.

He's probably sold it already. ;D

My Galibier Serac should be here a week from Tuesday. It's being shipped direct to Oz for set up and then home, hopefully Wednesday or Thursday:

Serac.jpg

I am speaker ampless until the Beta arrives and then my speaker amps that I believe I am buying will arrive in the 2d half of January (paid for in 2008).

Fucking finally! Hoffman played Moondance at the 2007 HeadFest and it was extraordinary even among the amazing cuts he played. I cannot believe it has taken them this long but it is worth every penny, including buying a whole turntable rig! :P

Amen!

I figured it would never get released and tracked down a first pressing and did my own remaster complete with foghorn and tambourine in the right channel! It has become one of my favorite albums.

Here is a sample of my Moondance in case anyone wants to listen. Not the complete song, but at least you get an idea of what it can sound like.

Can't wait to listen to the Hoffman version!

Amen!

I figured it would never get released and tracked down a first pressing and did my own remaster complete with foghorn and tambourine in the right channel! It has become one of my favorite albums.

Here is a sample of my Moondance in case anyone wants to listen. Not the complete song, but at least you get an idea of what it can sound like.

Can't wait to listen to the Hoffman version!

And I got to benefit from one your efforts. ;D

It's a news like this that makes me sad and happy that I got out of the vinyl game (for now) - sad because I don't have a way to enjoy these releases, but happy that these releases aren't taking all my money.

Mostly unrelated, but just realized that one of my favorite Ray Charles CD is mastered by Steve Hoffman. Come to think of it, it's one of the first CD's I bought for myself.

I agree all SH's Ray Charles discs sound amazing. Definitely my reference Gold DCCs.

I hope he manages to reprint them on Audio Fidelity so more people can hear them.