Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV

en480c4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From NIN's website:

"Unfortunately, the Ghosts I-IV site is down for the next few hours for maintenance.

We quietly released this album last night without any warning, and without any press. Because we know how devoted our fans are, we planned for an overwhelming response, and expected heavy traffic. To our surprise, the traffic was more than three times what we anticipated, and has only been getting heavier throughout the day. The response has been absolutely phenomenal, and we couldn't be happier, but our servers have taken a beating, causing numerous problems with the download site. Our developers, who have been working non-stop to combat the surge of traffic, feel that taking the site down for a few hours to fix some crucial issues is the best way to get things running smoothly again. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

While the site is down, you can still purchase the complete Ghosts I-IV here from Amazon's MP3 store for only $5. The MP3s are high quality and DRM-free. You can also order the deluxe and limited edition packages from Artist in Residence.

If you're familiar with BitTorrent, you can download Ghosts I, the first of the four volumes, for free, from our official upload at The Pirate Bay.

If you ordered a download and have not yet been able to retrieve it or have experienced any technical difficulties with the download, your download link will work as soon as the site returns.

Thanks again for the amazing support, and your continuing patience. Watch nin.com for updates during the downtime."

It killed me to not buy the $300 set Sunday night, but it's not a good time for stuff like that for me right now.

I was close to getting it, but for that money, I dont know...

I think to spend that much on one release, I'd have to at least have heard it a few times first. I have a feeling there will be a bigger benefit to getting the Blu Ray for this release than the vinyl, based purely on the fact that the material was likely all digital to begin with, and that Trent probably had tight control over this material, meaning it was not likely manhandled by an inept mastering team.

What will be interesting to see is what the market will bare for the now OOP vinyl, since it was already so expensive to begin with.

The production sounds good, but I just don't see Blu-Ray becoming a viable high res audio contender anytime (it is a Sony format after all >:D ). And I believe The Fragile was recorded all digital as well, but my vinyl sounds better than the CD.

I don't regret buying the ultra-edition, I can sell it later on if I wanted to. And the fact that it sold out so quickly and wasn't shipped to dealers (that try and make huge profits when items go OOP), I think I'll be able to get back a bit more than what I paid.

Surprised the Ultra-edition sold out in less than 48 hours :o

Wow, thats crazy. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. "I can always sell it later" is the best justification for buying spendy limited edition vinyl box sets. ;)

Even if it was recorded digitally, I agree with deepak that DDA's still sound better then their DDD counterparts. A great example of this is The Knife on vinyl. Holy cow that record sounds amazing on wax.

Wow, thats crazy. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did. "I can always sell it later" is the best justification for buying spendy limited edition vinyl box sets. ;)

Even if it was recorded digitally, I agree with deepak that DDA's still sound better then their DDD counterparts. A great example of this is The Knife on vinyl. Holy cow that record sounds amazing on wax.

I like Modest Mouse's new album on vinyl better as well. Though people at SH say it uses different mastering (same engineer is credited in the booklet).

Now who wants to sell me their SUNN O))))))) White box set :'(