Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts I-IV

en480c4

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know if you run into the problem of the download suddenly stopping in the middle before it can be completed.

Oh yeah it's been doing that constantly, try a download manager or if your running some flavor of *nix a wget -c will do the trick.

I came very close to buying the deluxe edition as I wanted the vinyl, but the price is just a tad too high for my tastes. Especially so with the shipping to New Zealand factored in. Went for the high res pack with the Blu-ray disc instead. Really looking forward to this.

Aaarg, the fourth time today the server timed out on the download, and this is with a download manager too. Jesus this is getting on my patience.

yeah i'm getting 503 service unavailable errors now, clearly they way underestimated the demand

I just finished Ghosts III. So far I'm really enjoying it, but don't think it compares to The Fragile. The Fragile is more coherent, and obviously so since these tracks on Ghosts are just a collection of songs so I'm not faulting Trent for that. But there is some amazing music on this album and some very forgettable stuff.

You'd think that Trent Reznor would have learned a thing or two from how Radiohead released In Rainbows, but this is even worse.

What was wrong with the In Rainbows release, other then it only being available in MP3? I had no trouble with the In Rainbows site at all.

And I don't think we should be picking on Trent for not having enough bandwidth setup to handle day one of the sale. Rather, we should be celebrating the fact that there is so much interest in this direct from artist to consumer sales technique.

What was wrong with the In Rainbows release, other then it only being available in MP3? I had no trouble with the In Rainbows site at all.

And I don't think we should be picking on Trent for not having enough bandwidth setup to handle day one of the sale. Rather, we should be celebrating the fact that there is so much interest in this direct from artist to consumer sales technique.

Well, there were reports of people unable to access the site due to traffic overload, especially for people who didn't pre-pay. I just thought Trent Reznor would have taken notice, given his fans are probably just as rabid. O0

Anyways, I like the idea, I hope more musicians would use this model, but I'm just frustrated that I can't even download the album even after paying for it.

Apparently this was posted on sites like fatwallet and other deal websites so the type of people looking to screw over retailers and wait hours in line to save a few pennies were probably hammering the site to get their much deserved free music even if they had never heard of NIN.

Anyways, I like the idea, I hope more musicians would use this model, but I'm just frustrated that I can't even download the album even after paying for it.

Right on. I haven't attempted to download it yet since I'm at work, so maybe I'll share in your frustration when I get home. :rant:

Anywho, I like that Trent is one of the few artists who offers FLAC downloads online. He "gets" us, at least to a certain extent. The Radiohead ~192kbps MP3's sounded like a muddy poo pool.

...He "gets" us...
Broken has always been a reference disk of mine.

I'm a little bit concerned that this is "jam" oriented -- anyone who's heard it want to comment on that? I think Trent and Moulder's strengths are studio wizardry, which doesn't necessarily mesh with a "spontaneous" mindset.

(Moulder is a god to me -- I tracked down his version of an Apex Theory album just because he mixed the whole thing. Plus, he's married to Toni Halliday.)

Yea, I'm at work and was planning on checking out the album. I haven't listened to any NIN albums since The Downward Spiral...
The Fragile is excellent, and contains several instrumentals. It'll surprise you, how non-Ninny it is.

I think their user interface wasn't as intuitive as it could be and options other than mp3 would have been nice. Also some of the problem was that there was no support for when anything went wrong. At one point forums were full of people asking who they could contact regarding download problems or issues with the disc box. I saw this myself because my disc box took ages to arrive and I was trying to find who I should talk to about it.

Yes, I think as this kind of thing becomes more common they'll sort out the bandwidth issues.