Flying Peppermill?

swt61

Some of you will remember my first turning on my new lathe that Vicki affectionately dubbed the Peppermill.

Well the Peppermill has been repurposed, or should I say purposed. It's now part of a headphone stand for a Head-Fier that wanted a 4 phone stand.

It's not finished yet, it still needs a few more coats of lacquer. I thought I'd post it though because it's rather unique looking.

sorensstand001816x612xc0.jpg

sorensstand002816x612nf1.jpg

sorensstand003816x612bm3.jpg

Pretty cool looking. What's the actual size of it? You just reminded me that I have to post up pics of the stand you made me. I never got any good ones, but I think I'll post up what I have just so people can get an idea of how unique and beautiful it is. I'm gonna grab folks with good cameras at CanJam and get them to take a pic or two. Did you ever decide if you were coming to CanJam?

It's about 14" high x 14" across. The base is 2" thick solid Zebrawood to keep the stand stable. I believe the customer has a pair of Larry's Zebrawood Grados.

I will not be able to make CanJam. Unfortunately I'll be overseeing the moving of an historical home onto the community center grounds. No way out of it. :'(

ebony penis extension.

Yeah but Reks said I made the hole too big, and it kept falling off. So he sent it back for repurposing.

Seriously though it was just a freehand turning to break in my new lathe. I did have in the back of my mind that it would end up in a stand, I just didn't know it would look like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Yeah but Reks said I made the hole too big, and it kept falling off. So he sent it back for repurposing.

Seriously though it was just a freehand turning to break in my new lathe. I did have in the back of my mind that it would end up in a stand, I just didn't know it would look like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

:rofl: on both counts.

Seriously though, since I'm only going to have a small number of headphones soon (or maybe in a while, depending on how freakin' long it may take to sell some of them :rant:), I'm gonna have to get you to make me a new stand for them so I can have easy access to all of them and free up that last bit of closet space. Maybe we could work out a trade for some headphoneses?

:rofl: on both counts.

Seriously though, since I'm only going to have a small number of headphones soon (or maybe in a while, depending on how freakin' long it may take to sell some of them :rant:), I'm gonna have to get you to make me a new stand for them so I can have easy access to all of them and free up that last bit of closet space. Maybe we could work out a trade for some headphoneses?

Consider it done my friend! Whatever you want, the Fitz has Carte Blanche in my shop.

Me too. :( I was hoping to meet you in person. Well, MOA2 isn't that far away. ;)

I was really looking forward to meeting many of you, but there will always be a next time, and that doesn't necessarily have to be a year from now.

It's finished...

sorensstand001450x600ws2.jpg

some of those cans look NSFW

NSFW?

Sorry I'm an old fart.

Nice rack indeed ;D

Steve, build one like that and your business would increase tenfold.

Funny you mention that. When Spacemanspliff owned the now famous Darth Boobies we talked about a stand. I wanted to make a custom stand that looked like a bra. The labor involved would have cost a small fortune though.

Not Safe For Work

OK now I'm even more confused! Is he slammin' my cans? 'Cause I'm not above bitch slappin' his ass! :P

Actually the giant Purple Heart CD3Ks are Larry's work, and I received them as a trade out for some work. The bitches got mucho bass, but they do look fuckin' ridiculous.