Stax plug

brat

or I will take one from my SRM-727II ;D

You wouldn't be the first to go down that road. You could even add a HE90 connector in stead of the missing Stax plug.

I bought my 5 pin female connector from [AK]Zip, I haven't had a chance to violate it with Omega 2's male plug yet ;)

61472870oj9.jpg

Ehhhhhh.... now I feel violated.... :sadcat:

Because the Stax connector is better than an OEM? :sadcat:

I'm not sure what brand the one I bought was.

I was only violated by your words... ;)

The Stax connector is pretty crappy and breaks far too easily but I like it more then the WPI unit you have if only for the fact that no builder bothers to plug the 6th opening for Pro sockets which could end pretty badly... :(

I was only violated by your words... ;)

The Stax connector is pretty crappy and breaks far too easily but I like it more then the WPI unit you have if only for the fact that no builder bothers to plug the 6th opening for Pro sockets which could end pretty badly... :(

I could see bad things happening...

[me=deepak]takes BH to meet, unsuspecting newbie plugs in regular bias Stax :kitty:[/me]

All you have to do is either fill the center pin with solder, or remove it from the front

and put in a black screw and nut.

A screw would be a good idea as the WPI sockets have exposed contacts so the middle should be elevated a bit. I've used plastic bits that I found around the house which are supposed to be used to cover up holes in cupboards for movable shelfs with good effect. Too bad they are white... :-\

heh... would there be interest in a clone of the socket used on the Illusion? Cost would be pretty expensive, probably around $100 US. I would use the same type of pins and a teflon body. I don't have a good (cheap) source for the pins, so I'd have to buy another component that uses them and then repurpose the pin sockets, and this would be one reason the cost would go up. The other is a small number would be built, i.e. limited production. The teflon rod isn't as much as I figured it would be, but it still adds up. I'm thinking about going down that path myself regardless of interest, and perhaps once a prototype is done we can talk about it some more.

heh... would there be interest in a clone of the socket used on the Illusion? Cost would be pretty expensive, probably around $100 US. I would use the same type of pins and a teflon body. I don't have a good (cheap) source for the pins, so I'd have to buy another component that uses them and then repurpose the pin sockets, and this would be one reason the cost would go up. The other is a small number would be built, i.e. limited production. The teflon rod isn't as much as I figured it would be, but it still adds up. I'm thinking about going down that path myself regardless of interest, and perhaps once a prototype is done we can talk about it some more.

You know I'm always interested in your crazy ideas... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Happiliy diggin up a corpse here, but I am currently in need of a Stax Plug (6P) in Europe. Cooper 86-71-6S or 91-MPM6S should do (which apperently are from the old WPI old Amphenol molds); however I could only find them at Allied who only cater US & Canada. Does anybody know of a source for these that ships to Europe/Germany??

Background on this: I recently bought a NOS Beyer ET1000 but I want to get rid of the ugly transformer box that came with it and use my Stax amp with them..