Stax plug

brat

You do "mash it from the back", but it takes a bit of care. Try to keep the pressure even all the way around as you push so the ring doesn't get bent or broken.You'll only get one chance. I support the front of the jack with a block of wood and press the ring from the rear with a socket wrench slightly larger in diameter than the back side of the jack. Remember to keep the "teeth" of the ring pointed towards you as you push.

Real one. Seller might have more, haven't asked. Price isn't cheap.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fc2894d4

-edit-

He;s also selling an Orpheus key for £80.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/key-Sennheiser-Orpheus-HEV90-no-ED-9001-/300583272168?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item45fc28bee8

Edited by Duggeh

Does Woo still sell the teflon connectors? Might be better off just going with them... (IMO better than using cheap connectors that might change the shape of expensive Stax cables)

I checked with them today. He said they no longer make the teflon ones and they use the Amphenol connectors now

Pretty sure justin is going to make a batch of the teflon jacks.

I'm planning on making a small run of teflon plugs.

Once i find suitable pins.

A new (and better) source of these jacks and plugs would be greatly appreciated.

My small hoard of the Amphenol jacks is pretty much exhausted. As a source of last resort, I still have a few left. But for general purposes, they're gone. In the unlikely event I ever get more, I'll post it here.

A new (and better) source of these jacks and plugs would be greatly appreciated.

My small hoard of the Amphenol jacks is pretty much exhausted. As a source of last resort, I still have a few left. But for general purposes, they're gone. In the unlikely event I ever get more, I'll post it here.

Frank,

When you have a minute check your private messages here. Also, I have a few jacks (amphenol) and one plug if someone is in need.

I was doing some googleing tonight and found a neat tutorial on HF showing how to fit one of the amphenol/wpi jacks into a neutrik xlr housing. Definitely looks better than the stock amphenol one, has a better mounting solution, and shouldn't be very expensive to make. Could be a decent alternative to teflon ones if no one ends up making some or they are too expensive. I'm not sure about what the rules are here for linking to HF, so you can find it by googleing "amphenol stax jack"