will this thread get deleted here too?

ayt999

some dude posted this on some other random forum. perhaps if I didn't report the post to the admins there it would have lasted longer than 10 or 20 minutes? oops? :P oh well, we can still see it here, unless someone deletes this too. actually, I think they moved the thread since I can't access it anymore, rather than going to an invalid thread. (fyi this dude's handle starts with an "a," ends with a "k," and there's a "kwo" in the middle.)

--------------------------------------

thread title: Headamp GS-X.. PICTURES!

thread contents:

http://www.headamp.com/home_amps/gsx/index.htm

gsx_angle_stacked_med.jpg

In my opinion, the nicest looking headphone amp ever. Seriously making me reconsider my move to electrostatics.. dammn.

-------------------------------------

Hello Forum and thank you...

Anyway The one I will be receiving will be the same only it will have a red led instead of a blue, silver volume knob, and most likely silver front plate screws.

I am not sure but I might have it this weekend, of course some in an ohio meet might just hear it before I do

I was looking at the innards and I think I'll just keep my Balanced Reference. I like my pretty Vishay-Dales resistors. :D plus the PSU seems slightly more robust in parts used, although the design change might cancel that out.

wasn't Justin going to release this with modules other than the dynalo ones?

Anyway The one I will be receiving will be the same only it will have a red led instead of a blue, silver volume knob, and most likely silver front plate screws.
I do like the two-tone design of my Blue Hawaii. black case with dual silver volume knobs.

is your GS-X going to have pink paint to fill in the engravings too? that sounds like a great idea!!

I was looking at the innards and I think I'll just keep my Balanced Reference. I like my pretty Vishay-Dales resistors. :D plus the PSU seems slightly more robust in parts used, although the design change might cancel that out.

From what I remember he was trying to finish the new modules but His first object is to get the amp out first. I believe but don't quot me on this, is that The new modules will be a free upgrade for exsisting owners..

if true, that would be very interesting. are the modules easily user swappable? it would be great to have the new modules shipped out to GS-X owners and read the direct comparisons.

man reks, he asked you not to quote him on it and you jump right on it and quote him right away. :D

I recall that part of the reason for the GS-X delays was to get the new modules finished so the GS-X can ship with those. the dynalo circuit is very good though, so not really a big deal.

If you take a look at the innards, the modules in the GS-X is not of the Dynalo flavor. If you look closely, he has mosfets in there with little heatsinks attached to them. ;)

-Ed

If you take a look at the innards, the modules in the GS-X is not of the Dynalo flavor. If you look closely, he has mosfets in there with little heatsinks attached to them. ;)

-Ed

what are you smoking Ed? you need to look at the pictures linked to on his GS-X page before making stuff up like that. ;)

I know about the modules he had in the GS-X at the recent socal meet, and we talked about this before, so me making a mistake misidentifying modules? highly unlikely. :P I guess he went back to the dynalo modules for one reason or another, at least for the time being.

what are you smoking Ed? you need to look at the pictures linked to on his GS-X page before making stuff up like that. ;)

I know about the modules he had in the GS-X at the recent socal meet, and we talked about this before, so me making a mistake misidentifying modules? highly unlikely. :P I guess he went back to the dynalo modules for one reason or another, at least for the time being.

The new modules are not yet complete and were in prototype form at the So-Cal Meet. I have Ed's K1000 here for some additional testing (the same K1000 in the photo). When they are complete, either the new module will be used, or both modules will be available.

-Justin

hi Justin. you mean your K1000? what's Ed going to do? get a plane ticket to VA to wrestle them away from you? :D

You of all people should not be giving people that idea. You have had so many of your cans out and about on loan to others. :P

Hey, can I "borrow" your HE90's? LOL, although, you would only need to drive down to kick my ass and take your cans back. :D

-Ed