Head-Case Fantasy Football

tkam

Yeah, last year I held the vote after the draft so it was a bit easier. I am going to make you work for your points this year. :P

I still need to look into how the draft pick trades work as that could be interesting if people try it.

We draft tonight. Really happy that NFL and College football are finally back.

For all our new team, check out the draft kit on ESPN for some useful information on your draft including bye weeks for each player to ensure you do not draft 3 RBs with the same bye week with your first three picks.

There is a chat built into the draft board that we can use or we can take over the chat here as Deepak recommended for live draft trash talk, etc.

Edited by VPI

Are there three kickers good enough to have on your roster? I tend to pick up a new one each week based upon who in playing indoors. I am hoping we have a good show tonight as this league seems to be taking hold here and proved to be a fun one last year.

Hopefully this year our ZERO trades from last year will not continue and there will be some action during the season and during the draft to spice things up.

I finally got around to sifting through ESPN's draft kit, including a Mock draft analysis and tried out a mock draft myself. I think I may sort of have a clue about what is going on.

However, I noticed that everybody in the espn mock draft analysis only chose 1 Defensive team, 1 kicker, and 1 tight end. What happens if your defense has a bye week? Do you just not get to play that week? Maybe you just don't get any points from Def. This confuses me.

For Vicki I will gladly move the draft back until 9:15ish. Does that work for everyone?

You can certainly pick more but you are better off dropping the defense or someone off the bench to replace the kicker or defense when they are on bye. A fourth RB will be far better value than a back-up Defense, Kicker or TE when they can be grabbed off waivers at any point. If you have a great defense then drop another bench player to pick up a fill in defense for that week and then drop that defense to fill with a better option (RB, WR, etc.)

Shelly, on those bye weeks, most of us would just pick one up with a decent match up that week off of waivers. People don't bother carrying backup kickers and defenses since they contribute the least amount of points to your team along with the fact the point differential between No.1 defense/kicker and No.12 defense/kicker is usually rather small.

OK, I guess I'll figure out how to drop and pick up others along the way.

One other thing I thought was odd. Perhaps I am just not understanding the point system very well yet. I would have thought that getting a good quarterback in the first round was essential. However, most (not all, one person chose a WR) chose RBs as their first round picks. In fact, most people waited until about the 5th round to pick and QB one person waited until the 9th round to pick a QB. ???

Draft Recap - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN

Edit: I am OK with moving the draft to 9:15 EDT

Edited by shellylh

The usual draft strategy has been to pick up RB or WRs first as they can get more points and you have to play more of them each week. This year I am considering picking up a QB in the second or third based upon how the draft plays out.

I have filled out everything I can on the random draft thing. I do not have e-mail addresses for a few people handy here at the office but I have the majority filled in so everyone will feel that the list is legit. I am going to generate the draft order shortly unless anyone has any problems with doing it this way.

I am actually going to remove the e-mail addresses and just give a link the final order as I do not know the site and have no idea what they might do with e-mail addresses provided.

Edited by VPI