With no input

Backgroun noise 1 db

Signal 0

Noise to Signal ratio = Infinity

They therefore have Infinite Noise. :o

And these are good headphones? ???;D

Congratulations! They look nice.

I?ll get to hear them after Haj buys a set ;D

Not until I plug them into an amp there isn't. Right now, the noise floor is very quiet... :P
You can at least tell us if they're comfortable.
With no input

Backgroun noise 1 db...

You are, quite literally, pulling numbers out of thin air. Where do you get this? In an anechoic chamber, you should get 0/0 == undefined.

Congrats Hirsch they look great, I'd really appreciate any comparisons to L3000s if you get a chance ;).

Sound is changing pretty fast as they burn in. Any comments at this point would be completely premature, as they probably wouldn't be true in an hour or two. Will do some comparisons after they've got some playing time.

Sound is changing pretty fast as they burn in. Any comments at this point would be completely premature, as they probably wouldn't be true in an hour or two. Will do some comparisons after they've got some playing time.

How about some impressions after 48 hrs?

Okay, I listened to them. But I won't post any impressions of them, since they're probably wrong by now.

But let's put it this way -- I really wish they weren't that expensive. I really wish they were in the vicinity of something I could afford in thenext year or so.

You know how they look like someone took a pair of RS-1's and photoshopped them? They really do look like that. In real life.

Okay, I listened to them. But I won't post any impressions of them, since they're probably wrong by now.

But let's put it this way -- I really wish they weren't that expensive. I really wish they were in the vicinity of something I could afford in thenext year or so.

You know how they look like someone took a pair of RS-1's and photoshopped them? They really do look like that. In real life.

yea they do look like rs-1s with a mushroom touch. they better not sound anything like the rs-1s for the price grado is charging.

I hope so Jahn...

the rs-1 is nice but my least fav Grado can..to damm wild.

If he can get some ps-1 with little rs1 it would be nice..of course the comfort will be nice also..

hopfully I should get them in tomorrow or the next day...yayyyyy

I listened to Mercuttio's pair of GS1000s last night and dammit I want one. I don't think you'll be disappointed once yours come.

I just got mine in 10mins ago...listening to them now..106 dude..lol

anyway

I can say I will be posting a thread here and headfi with pics of gs1000,rs1,rs2,hf1,ms2,flats-bowls-c pads-???

lol

they are weird to me though...

they depend on the placement! big time! want more bass then move them up sort of shit.

weird grado phones....really weird

Guest sacd lover

oh they dont like to be played loud...not at all...if you play them to loud it sounds like a vibration when you blow air threw your lips...

must turn them down! guys that like their sound on low volumes these are the cans for you!

Hey Billy, would the gs1000's treble bother someone who doesnt like sibilance or brightness period? For referance ..... I dont listen at high volumes at all, but I dont listen at what most would call low volume either. I find the RS-1 tolerable for short listens but they sound to sibilant after awhile for me. What do you think?

Here's another question to toss out, for someone who finds the RS-1's bright, would they find the GS1K's bright as well?

Bright, yes; sibilant, no. They definitely have that sort of Grado house "sheen", but there's also a lot more going on in the rest of the frequency spectrum. I really can't answer that for you -- you should definitely find a way to hear them at some point in your life. I don't really like most Grado's, but it wasn't until after listening to the GS1K's that I realize how much of that had to do with the physical discomfort. I really don't mind the Grado "house sound" as much as I thought I did. The GS1K's are very different headphones than anything else in their lineup, and yet one of its facets is that it is recognizably a Grado.

And to qualify -- these are from very brief, very initial impressions, through an amp I am not familiar with.