NHL 2008/2009 edition

grawk

Not looking good for the home team. Fell asleep during 2nd period last night. Didn't know who won till this a.m. Home field advantage Saturday night. 1-0 is a good if boring close game but I thought the Canes performance was lack luster. No aimed shots just fling shit at the goal hoping something would stick.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caps were wild and good tonight. They turned it up a few notches, and the Rangers couldn't maneuver nada. That last goal by Ovechkin was gorgeous.

I'm expecting the Flames/Hawks game tomorrow to be pretty wild as well. I'm rooting for the Flames, but when the Hawks are on, they're so damn fast, and the Flames are coming in banged and tattered. We'll see.

Edited by boomana
mistake

Would love to see the Caps come back and demolish the r's, but not 'gonna happen (sorry grawk and boo). Take solace, however, in seeing my beloved Broons demolish the mutually hated Rangers on their way to the cup.

Word.

I don't know. In the west, both Detroit and, surprisingly, Anaheim look like they can handle anybody.

Caps were wild and good tonight. They turned it up a few notches, and the Rangers couldn't maneuver nada. That last goal by Ovechkin was gorgeous.

I'm expecting the Flames/Hawks game tomorrow to be pretty wild as well. I'm rooting for the Flames, but when the Hawks are on, they're so damn fast, and the Flames are coming in banged and tattered. We'll see.

Ovey is just awesome. Wish he was a Cane. The NHL and the NBC switched our game 6 to Sunday. Go figure.

Pens are gaining character and becoming confident in their ability.

Chicago put a thumpin on the Flames at home. If history plays out, Flames take game 6 and Chicago wins out.

Sharks are on life support but earned a win yesterday. They have to go to the Pond to earn the right to close out at home. I don't think so but they have to play the game. Besides, I rooted for the Blues and look where they went?

The Rangers/Caps series is tough to figure.

Canes/Devils are another toughy. I thought the younger clubs would have taken these series.

That suspension was crazy. 5 games for a legal if questionable hit.

Five games is too much in the playoffs, but Brashear's hit was totally uncalled for and far from legal as far as I'm concerned. The Rangers guy got a fracture, so I think a game or two of suspension would have been fair.

I'm not one of those guys who think hockey is too violent and in fact I usually love and respect good ol' Donald Brashear, but this was a cheap shot from my perspective.