NHL 2008/2009 edition

grawk

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh, another hour til puck drop

Got Ovechkin in my hockey pool, I hope he continues to play as well as during the regular season or even better if such a thing is possible. Funny fact, I did not pick any Habs player in the pool and I have Tim Thomas as one of my two goalies. :)

So you're saying that even though you're a francophone, you're not stupid? :)

I'm saying I'm not part of the francophones for whom hockey is a religion and is more important than both their dayjobs and their families. I enjoy a good game, which is something that's been pretty rare this year in Montreal. And I'm proud of being a francophone in this sea of square heads. :D

A couple interesting match-ups tonight. I'm (of course) more interested in the Wings game, and fully expect them to smoke the Jackets, especially since it looks like Cleary can play. I think they're pulling up Leino with Draper out. But, iirc, the Jackets killed Detroit not that long ago, Osgood has been spotty at best this year, and Mason is amazing. If the Jackets pull this out (I doubt, but would be fun and almost worth rooting for), it would kick off a great playoff series.

I can't believe I finally have time enough finally to pay attention to what's going on, and nothing's on tv. It's the playoffs! Why must there be the 900th rerun of Friends on instead?

Well, Detroit did as I expected, though the Jackets were impressive in the first period. The Wings just shut them down completely in the second and third with only eight shots on goal (I think) by Columbus. Osgood was back in form. The Wings third line was rocking. I love Datsyuk, but he seemed off tonight (not like it mattered much). Lidstrom held Nash completely with only four shots on goal. We'll see if the new guys can come back for the rest of the series, but if tonight was any indicator of things to come, I'm going to revise my prediction of Wings in 5 to Wings in 4.

Oh, and Bruins won, too :)

The Habs are getting raped tonight. I'm listening to the game on FM radio because I'm at work so I didn't see anything, but it surely sounds desastrous. Not that I was ever thinking they could compete with the Bruins, but at least they could start by not taking so many penalties and it would help their game.

I'm surprised about the Caps though, I thought they would dominate the Rangers, but it turns out to be great hockey and both teams are fighting hard. I still think the Caps will win in the end, but they're in a bad position right now with two games to play in NYC.

The Bruins are killing. It's almost painful to watch. The Flames are beautiful right now. Lundqvist was superb again earlier today, but....Detroit rules. :)

EDIT: well, the flames being beautiful comment came at the end of the first period. At the end of the second, this is turning into one exciting game. Toews and Sharp are fun to watch.

Are there no more hockey fans here? What's wrong with all youz?

Edited by boomana