sandal-case

guzziguy

FWIW, I'm a huge Birk fan. I wear them year round, have been through 100+ degree deserts and 3 feet of snow with them in the same week...

My daily wear are these:

Birkenstock | Men : Clogs : Boston Soft Footbed Black Suede

The soft footbed may work out for you, and mine has kinda disintegrated over the past year and a half, but that's a good bit of wear. I lucked out and got mine on clearance (in a 45!!! (aka 12)) for half price at the local Zumfoot (formerly Birkenstock store, at least around here).

I saw you got some, but for next time...

**BRENT**

FWIW, I also have some Milanos in Cocoa Nubuck. As much as I wanted a backstrap, I just prefer the Bostons and Arizonas (had 2 pairs Arizonas that I burned through over the years...)

I've been wearing Arizonas for years. They are great when new, but terrible on my legs when they wear out. Unfortunately, that's about 4 months for me.

So I'm trying something else this time. The Newport H2s feel very good so far. My only complaint is that the bottom of my feet sweat if it's hot. That's always going to be a problem with a foam rubber footbed.

Move to New England. Problem solved.

I bought some of those cheap Keens from REI for next year's brief warm interlude. $0 after dividend. Thanks for the link.

I did my NE stint from 1980 through 1985. Pretty place but I'm happier being here. I like being able to ride motorcycles year round.

I found a cheap Keen slider, if they have your size. REI is selling certain sizes and colors of Keen Arubas for an incredible price. My size is 9. They have 8.5 and 9.5. For the price, I figured I could take a chance on a 9.5.

REI Keen Aruba sale

The Newports seem to be right on target. I have them in a 10 and they fit just fine if slightly on the big side (which most size 10's are on me). I ordered the slides in 9.5 as that was the only size close to what I needed so we will see how that works out. For the price, it seemed well worth the risk.

My size 9.5 Arubas came in today. They are slightly big but not enough to be a problem. So I'm now set for sandals, at least for a while. :D

That's a good price on those keens but those are ugly as sin.

It's funny, I find them to be more attractive that any Birk I've seen. It remains to be seen if they are as nice as (new) Birks on my body.