What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Lennon -- Imagine (CP32 Japan first pressing)
How's this compare to the MoFi CD...? I've got Plastic Ono Band, this, Mind Games and Double Fantasy on MoFi and I actually feel Imagine is the worst sounding of the four...

edit: oh and to contribute appropriately to the thread:

Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco.jpg

edit2: I never have a problem with the proverbial Deserted Island Album question. The answer is easy peasy:

Rush - Grace Under Pressure

grace_under_pressure.jpg

Awesome! GUP is really good, though I love PoW more though for what I think is Geddy Lee's most insane bass playing... well I should say the album with the highest percentage of shit I can't play is PoW... HYF is up there as well... and the sound of those wicked Wal bass guitars..... ohhhhhhhhhhhyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss edit: forgot about The Enemy Within, that bass in the verses on that one's a bit of a bitch!
The Cranberries - To the Faithful Departed

64ab228348a0a999b5aec010.L.jpg

Shit, I remember loving this for some reason when it came out in '96........ i was 12......! gotta dig it out.........

Kate Bush -- The Dreaming

200px-Kate_Bush_The_Dreaming_Cover.jpg

Still one of the finer albums to use real sheep for backing vocals, I would argue.

So good...... I can only take this a few times a year when I really want to have the shit fucked out of me, but those couple of times, oh yes......... and it has to be all the way through, on the magneplanars, at eviction-level volume..... and i need two days to recover afterwards.

Phoenix -- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

folder.jpg

Just bought the CD and haven't cracked it yet... love all their other stuff, how's this? My GF pirated it over a month ago and I have refused to listen to it until I had the CD in my hands...... btw she goes apeshit over more than half the stuff you've been posting :D

Talk Talk -- The Colour Of Spring

cover_62717352008.jpg

Just a killer album and a treat to listen to. Someday I'm going to get my hands on the SACD version.

another one i need to get my hands on!

now playing:

Ohio Players - Ecstasy (1973)

cd-ohioplayers07ecstasy.jpg

Promised myself I'd stop going back in this thread once I hit April 30th, so I'm done.................... sorry for the threadcrap!