New Luxman and Accuphase CDPs

Asr

Unveiled at CES and almost no one noticed, where was all the press? I demand impressions even if they're only visual! :P

Accuphase DP-600: Accuphase Laboratory, Inc.?DP-600 (MSRP unknown)

Luxman D-08: On a Higher Note :: D-08 Stereo SACD / CD Music Player ($14K)

And even Denon's new DCD-SX: Denon unveils Flagship SACD player, DCD-SX - SlashGear

Zero chance I'll buy any of these but Luxman's other new D-06 CDP is only $8K which is kinda awfully tempting... (and I gotta say, these new Luxman CDPs are very nice-looking)

Anyone think any of those units can work like this:

Transport portion -> external DSP -> DAC portion

I doubt it but I am hopeful.

The Accuphase it designed so that you can put one of their EQ units in the digital path both via a special link and the bog standard S/PDIF.

Yes, I saw the announcement a while ago. I had buyer's remorse for about a minute... then I noticed that the FMJ CD37 is only a two-channel player. I'm looking for an SACD player that can handle 5.1 recordings, ultimately. Also, the extant reviews don't indicate that the CD37 is a superior player to the CD36.

Yes, I saw the announcement a while ago. I had buyer's remorse for about a minute... then I noticed that the FMJ CD37 is only a two-channel player. I'm looking for an SACD player that can handle 5.1 recordings, ultimately. Also, the extant reviews don't indicate that the CD37 is a superior player to the CD36.

CD37 is far superior if you want to play SACDs. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
I just found out today that the DP-600 is a cool $19K. And the next-up model DP-700 is $26K. :o

But if that wasn't enough, Accuphase has another new CDP, the DP-400. Holy crap! Fortunately it's substantially cheaper at $5.5K.

Check Japan street prices, I don't think they're anywhere that high.

I bought a Japan-market DP-500 from a grey -market importer for slightly over US$3500 in summer 2007. They converted it to 120V from 100V by opening the case and doing some simple modification. It has served me well since then, with no problems.

Sometimes when I'm enjoying its smooth and natural sound matched with an Aristaeus in a secondary system, I wonder why I even have the primary system. :palm:

I thought that I had seen a price like that, which was what threw me off even more with $19K. But what about customs/duties?

Yeah I guess it's too big to smuggle in my anal cavity... :eek:

Realistically they can't be too high on electronics or everything on the electronics store shelves would cost an absolute fortune.

That said that price difference seems odd for people in the US but people in Europe are probably well acquainted with it. There though a lot of it is taxes so I'm not sure what the deal is here.