Making 4070 Style Cups

mypasswordis

I have no idea what wood was used as I never opened my set but they use the standard Lambda baffle (i.e. flat) and the port is in the baffle. There is a cut out running almost the full length of the baffle from top to bottom on each side of the driver. Here are the only pics I have:

spritzer-albums-stax-picture462-1175659807641.jpg

spritzer-albums-stax-picture461-1175659673533.jpg

spritzer-albums-stax-picture460-1175659131325.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Is there anything you can tell me about dimensions? It looks like the cup is curved on the inside to minimize bad reflections and also angled, which agrees with the stock pics on the internet. Also, do the cups have anything other than fiberglass? I can't tell in the first pic since it's a bit blurry.

While I'm at it, what happens to the sound of the Lambda Pro if I remove the stock damping like Kai did?

Also, where exactly is the port? I'm a bit daft, I need it to be pointed out to me. ;D

Look at a picture of the stock phones and you can see the cup design...

spritzer-albums-stax-picture464-imgp4727.jpg

They are the same size as a Lambda but just deeper so the flat part of the housing is about the same size as a Lambda

When you remove the damping you expose some of the things they were trying to hide in the first place, namely the upper midrange etch and some bass issues.

Look at the last picture of the baffle and notice that the long sides have a notch cut into them. That's the port.