a nod to someone who has served us well

dBel84

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd also like to pitch in towards something(s) nice for Alex.

dBel84 - could you send me a pm with your paypal email?

I see quite a few familiar names here, though apparently I should not assume any warm feelings toward me... I usually don't anyways :cool:

Great project guys. Alex totally deserves this.

Quick update

updated tally : $1200 ( after woodies )

Contributors :

dB / Batman / Pabbi / Forsakenrider / NoNoNoNoNoNo / guzziguy / cfcubed / wiatrob / smeggy / headphoneaddict / ferrari / amphead / germania / digger945 / postal_blue / nikongod

MrMajestic2 / adamus / tacitapproval / Alcaudon / nmaher / anon / ferrari / moodysteve

chobint / fishski13 / fordgtlover / linuxworks / vixr / MrSlim / jp11801 / kklee / balderon

krmathis / AMB / MASantos / MisterX / TomB / sacd lover / scompton / Uncle Bob / ericj / holland / Elephas / V-DiV / Hayduke / naamanf / jrossel / rds / user18 / willisv / pars

..dB

Thanks guys :)

I want to throw in my vote for hd800s. The full Eagle would be cool, but after designing so many great amps I think it's time for Alex to kick back and plug in what are supposedly among the best phones money can buy.

Thanks Pabbi - sure hope you get the PM sorted

I thought I would quote from the other forum as Ferrari doesn't hang out here

I can understand all the sentiments about Sennheiser HD800 at this place… a very attractive, just launched new toy. :)

However, remember the discussions behind the scene during the prototyping phase of one of Alex’s designs, the lack of a full version Eagle at that time was definitely a big limitation. It was literally fighting against size restrictions and some of the modifications/improvements have to be dropped from the design (or at least, dropped the first choice and go for the second choice).

Maybe I’m thinking too much from a designer point of view, but… in the light of all the things in the work and his future designs, an investment in a full version Eagle is really worth it in the long term.

Well, if full up Eagle isn't gonna sim power supplies better than what he is using now, I'm not sure about bang for buck - and, let's remember Ferrari is more interested in esoteric designs than meat and potatoes.

No matter to me, as I'm a sushi guy, but, if Alex really thought an Eagle upgrade would meet 99.5% of his need, he'd just buy it.

Which begs the question - what tool would better help him simulate and troubleshoot circuits? Autoroute? Long time since I looked at sim s/w. But, he was not a happy camper Saturday when we found a material weakness in the PM psu. Having said that, not sure any s/w solution would help when assumptions, well, accept a calciulated risk.