a nod to someone who has served us well

dBel84

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot stuff!! Who needs to decide between HD600 and K701 when you have bits of a Kingwood tree strapped to your head!!

I think the whole thing looks sexy, maybe the one thing I would change is remove the blue coloured heatshrink (and would have been better if the red one wasnt so bright too), this is just me being super nitpickery, but those bright plastic colours are a bit too high contrast against the black/dark wood colour scheme.

Anyway, either way, im sure Alex (and Don ;)) will be thrilled, you guys are awesome.

It looks like it might be too late, but I want to mention that Eagle is not really a professional layout tool. It is popular with hobbyists because the free version has good functionality, but if you're going to invest in a layout tool Eagle is probably not a great choice.

...on the other hand those hd 800... :P

Oh and Smeggy, those headphones look amazing!

Nearing final update status.

The final verdict - Eagle and ATH AD2K ( by a slim margin ) , LW is looking into ordering the base parts for an HD600 and this will enable us to send this along too. Smeggy should be receiving the simple brass plaque for the stand and once everyting arrives I will post the bon voyage message and leave the rest up to the postal system.

Thanks to all who participated in kind and spirit..dB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Runeight quote from HF

A Completely Inadequate Response

Hello everyone. As you all know I received an unexpected package today. When I saw who had sent it I wondered if Don was sending me a Stacker amp to debug!!!!

You have managed to keep this under the radar for me and I have spent the last several hours trying to find a way to thank all of you. When I saw the note in the box with so many of your names on it I was not quite sure what to think! Then there was this Coupon for a $500 Eagle upgrade. I thought that Don was having some fun before I would discover exactly what he had sent me, but with all of the names attached to the Thank You note I didn't quite know what to think.

As I pulled out boxes I found the orthos (beautifully done smeggy, thanks for the time it took and the craftsmanship) and the Senns and the ADs. Folks, I must honestly say that there were tears rolling done my face as I fully realized what you all had done. It is not possible for me to offer even a remotely adequate response. Your graciousness and care have been felt and they are deeply appreciated. Thank you all very much for each of your parts in this. And, especially to Don (who has prototyped more of my amps than anyone) for making it all happen. Thank you.

I wish, somehow, that I could say more about how much this means. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get better at it.

I have not listened to any of the headphones yet, wanting to have the quiet time to settle in with the Bijou and the SOHA II to give them all a good listen. As everyone knows I have been using a pair of Sonys for many years wondering what you all have been talking about when you describe the really good headphones and hoping that I'd get a pair of them someday. Now I have a rack of them!!

And now that I have the full Eagle I guess I'll have to start designing bigger amps for you guys. So I see that there is also method in your madness.

Thank you all again. I am still a bit speechless...