Esoteric SA-50 SACD player

Hopstretch

My demo unit will be here tomorrow.

Break in is reported to be hundreds of hours, and I will be breaking in new cables too but they are cables I am familiar with just an additional pair of MIT Magnum MA

I will compare and post my impressions of the SA-50 once it is broken in, and will be head to head comparing with the PS Audio Perfect Wave system.

If anyone needs help getting either please contact me.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so the unit is here. Delivered one to a client already also.

SO FAR, I am in love. It is better than the Bel Canto cd2/dac3 combination for sure, in every way. A little different than the PS Audio Perfect Wave system.

To me the SA-50 sounds very natural - musical with a natural humanistic reproduction of vocals. SACD playback is great, and redbook conversion to dsd is very enjoyable also.

This player is going to take place along side the PS Audio Perfect Wave system in my reference room, and I doubt it will be displaced anytime soon.

I can tell you that when I reach for a disc, it will go into the SA-50. :-)

PM me for more.

This sounds just like what I have been looking for. I may need to give it a listen once my main system is back to "full strength". I was not impressed with a DA-50 I had in the system for a few weeks. Was one hell of a deal but it just didn't sound good. That was a while ago and things have changed on the amplification front since then so probably time to check it out again.

Something about DSD and Super Audio CD in there, but no HDMI input. Probably just "upsampling to", but then it says something about "transport" as well -- so maybe they've figured out a way to transmit DSD files over USB?

whatcat.jpg

Yeah really, I don't get that either.

I particularly enjoyed this sentence (from google translate):

また、アナログ出力レベルを調整するアッテネーターを搭載し、豊富なデジタル入力のセレクター機能と合わせてデジタルプリアンプとしてもご使用いただけます。 Also, to adjust the output level attenuator with analog, you can use as Dejitarupurianpu combined with extensive features digital input selector.
I don't know what it is, but it's the first DAC I know of that can be used as a Dejitarupurianpu. Perhaps Dinny is a Dejitarupurianputa?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you keep count of the dacs you've had like magic johnson counted the ...... number of girls that he fucked

FTFY.

Notice the parallels - Magic was diagnosed with HIV. At this point I think we could diagnose Dinny with something as well :).