Cancelled: SoFla Mini Meet 7/17 - 7/19

tyrion

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn this is 1 week too late :-(((

I'll be in Miami for a week right after 4th of July... would love to meet with old friends

We will see if we can work something out.

Gene

Me

Alex

Carl

CJ

Dom

Vicki (Evening)

Frank

raffy

Matt

Edited by tyrion

Of course. Tell justin to finish it and sound it down to me and raffy can hear for himself how good it is.

Ha, I'd honestly love to hear Dan's KGBH. I'm currently seriously considering a BHSE too, I was swept away by it when I heard it in CJ. Seriously the best piece of gear I've heard in my short audiophile life. Maybe a KGBH vs. BHSE shootout courtesy of Dan and Vicki?

I'll be there. I went to my new local brewery on Friday night and met some fine folks who had made the trip from down south for some very limited release bottles. I offered to bring them some growlers on the trip down there, and they offered in return to set up a tasting of various rare bottles they have on hand. They said that they could probably do it at Brother Tuckers one of the nights. Don't know how many would be interested this time around, but the option is out there.

I'll be there. I went to my new local brewery on Friday night and met some fine folks who had made the trip from down south for some very limited release bottles. I offered to bring them some growlers on the trip down there, and they offered in return to set up a tasting of various rare bottles they have on hand. They said that they could probably do it at Brother Tuckers one of the nights. Don't know how many would be interested this time around, but the option is out there.

I'm in.

Matt and Raffy, you guys are staying at my place, correct?

Can anyone think of anyone else local I should invite that would not see this thread on HC? I don't want to post on HF. We have 9 so far, I figure, we can go another 5 or so and still be comfortable.

Edited by tyrion

I'm in.

Matt and Raffy, you guys are staying at my place, correct?

Can anyone think of anyone else local I should invite that would not see this thread on HC? I don't want to post on HF. We have 9 so far, I figure, we can go another 5 or so and still be comfortable.

If you don't mind Mike, I'd like to stay over. I'm also in for going to Brother Tuckers, I've never been.

Does anyone here know if Vicki got her BHSE already?

raffy, I'm also hoping. It's supposedly finished except for the front panel on the power supply, which had to go back to the machinist. Something about needing another screw. I dunno. Justin said it would delay things about a week, which means I should have it next week if we're working with actual weeks. If were talking about Justin weeks, I'm not sure what it means. I've personally been okay with delays up to now, but now it's time. I should definitely have it by mid-July, and if not, I'm going to be pretty cranky.

Been doing some jedi mind tricking on Becky, and it worked. She changed a scheduled trip from weekend of 7/10-12 to 7/17-19, so I'm in.

Mike - I can sleep in my car or on the beach if house is full.

Now it's officially a meet. Jp, you might as well book your flight. :) Gene, you have a room to yourself and if you miss having Al with you, I'm sure Achilles (see avatar) will keep you warm at night.

Damn, I have a shit load of beer and whiskey but I think I need to get some more.

Gene

Me

Alex

Carl

CJ

Dom

Vicki (Evening)

Frank

raffy

Matt

Now it's officially a meet. Jp, you might as well book your flight. :)

Resistance is futile ...

Gene, you have a room to yourself and if you miss having Al with you, I'm sure Achilles (see avatar) will keep you warm at night.

As long as Achilles can spoon, snore, and snuggle, we'll be just fine.

Damn, I have a shit load of beer and whiskey but I think I need to get some more.

Don't forget those growlers The Younger is bringing over, and I've got a jug of Lagavulin I'll bring.

Should we start listing what gear we are bringing, so as to avoid duplicates?

Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone with ANY amp that can drive an O2 takes it, since I want to hear options. On same topic, don't know if any of you can DIY, and I'd appreciate help in rewiring a STAX 007ta amp to US voltage (I will pay for services of course).

Headphones:

HD800

O2 Mk1

Grado HP1000 (polarity switches)

ESW10JPN

Amp:

Stax SR007ta (japan voltage =( unfortunately)

Luxman P1 ONLY if Tyrion's is sold by then

Other items that will already be at Mike's place before meet:

Aero Dac

Phonomena II

If there is anything else anyone wants to hear that I own, check my profile and let me know.

I'll bring the Woo WA6 SE and my Accuphase A-20 power amp. Probably just computer for source (with duet for fun), and the K1000s, Stax Lambda pro, HD 650, SA5000, HF2, and ATH ESW10.

Alex - what voltage is your Stax 007Ta at now? (100 or 220) If 100V, I have a 115 x 100 Volt converter that I can bring over for you. It is high power capacity, and wouldn't break a sweat supplying the 7T.