Cancelled: SoFla Mini Meet 7/17 - 7/19

tyrion

... and ATH ESW10.

Alex - what voltage is your Stax 007Ta at now? (100 or 220) If 100V, I have a 115 x 100 Volt converter that I can bring over for you. It is high power capacity, and wouldn't break a sweat supplying the 7T.

I'll refrain from bringing my own ESW10 then. The less I have to carry, the better. As for the amp, it is 100V, so it works out. Thanks!

AS FOR FOOD:

I don't know what is planned? Are we all going out to eat, ordering? The Super Target near where I live sells Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes. Damn good cheesecake... hint hint.

RAFFY: what happened to your extreme? I happen to have two: the platinum and the standard. I haven't used the standard Extreme because I tried to remove the hex screws and they got stuck and I just gave up on the thing, decided to keep it for spare parts in case the Platinum needs fixing sometime.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone with ANY amp that can drive an O2 takes it, since I want to hear options. On same topic, don't know if any of you can DIY, and I'd appreciate help in rewiring a STAX 007ta amp to US voltage (I will pay for services of course).

Like Mike said, flecom is your man, should he be in the mood to fire up his iron.

btw, I assume you've seen this Head-Fi thread specifying changes needed?

Need Help Converting STAX SRM-007tA from 100V to 117V - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Looks simple enough that anyone with an iron and multi meter could do.

RAFFY: what happened to your extreme? I happen to have two: the platinum and the standard. I haven't used the standard Extreme because I tried to remove the hex screws and they got stuck and I just gave up on the thing, decided to keep it for spare parts in case the Platinum needs fixing sometime.

One of the resistors blew and would supply power to the tubes. The trafo still gets some juice as I can still hear it humming lightly. At least for now, the trafo is not busted. Your extreme is still working right, it's just the hex screws that are busted?

One of the resistors blew and would supply power to the tubes. The trafo still gets some juice as I can still hear it humming lightly. At least for now, the trafo is not busted. Your extreme is still working right, it's just the hex screws that are busted?

Correct, it is still functional. I just wanted to open it because there is something that fell inside and is rattling at the bottom. I wanted to remove it but gave up on the hex screws from hell. The only option is to drill the screws out now, but I just never got around to it.

Correct, it is still functional. I just wanted to open it because there is something that fell inside and is rattling at the bottom. I wanted to remove it but gave up on the hex screws from hell. The only option is to drill the screws out now, but I just never got around to it.

Lucky you, I'd take a broken hex screw over a broken resistor anyday!

Maybe Mike just needs some encouragement: If Mike succeeds, I will definitely sell him the Aero DAC plus $50 discount, if not, he needs to replace my amp/have it fixed.

...wait, this might be a bad idea.

How about this: regardless of whether Mike succeeds or not, you'll sell me the Aero DAC for a $50 PREMIUM? :D

How about this: regardless of whether Mike succeeds or not, you'll sell me the Aero DAC for a $50 PREMIUM? :D

How about this:

I'll give you $50 and won't have boo shoot you for the aero :)

Back off there you two. If anyone is buying the aero for $50, it's me.

I don't know what I'll be bringing, but I'm going to try and get whatever it is to Mike's on Thurs.

If it's not a BHSE, get a refund.

might be able to bring 2 power amps + 3 pre amps if you interested mike. and some abs speakers. rather not bring the speakers, annoying to move as they are rather bulky.

I wouldn't bother. I'm sure it will be more headphone listening.