The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

This is a bit of a long shot but does anyone have 4 extra of the 5pF/1kV C0G ceramic caps that they could send down to AU?

I have a pile. More than happy to send you some, PM me your address if so.

If you want a buffer stock you could also check out this fleabay seller.

4 chassis shipped. Only 45 minutes for the wonderful united states postal service to do 4 packages.

(all of which were international) you would think that being able to type would be a requisite for the

job...

I'm going to make a few more tops and bottoms (have everything else) and then the next

batch goes off for polishing and finishing. Hopefully the anodizer can actually count this time.

Birgir should have his knobs soon :D

So i got cussed out by this guy who needed at least 10 more feet from my open door to pass me with his 10 year old van, throwing

me the finger et all. In the designated loading/unloading area. I did take my persuader out of the trunk, but decided not to go after

him. At 40 lbs per package, the car definitely did not handle right (2 in the trunk, 2 in the right passenger seat) or at least not

what i was used to.

4 chassis shipped. Only 45 minutes for the wonderful united states postal service to do 4 packages.

(all of which were international) you would think that being able to type would be a requisite for the

job...

I'm going to make a few more tops and bottoms (have everything else) and then the next

batch goes off for polishing and finishing. Hopefully the anodizer can actually count this time.

Birgir should have his knobs soon :D

Endicia + Eltron LP2844 on eBay = easy USPS shipping

So i got cussed out by this guy who needed at least 10 more feet from my open door to pass me with his 10 year old van, throwing

me the finger et all.

No-one needs that sort of shit.

I've chased SOB's that gave me the finger from the safety of their car before now - but we don't have easy access to guns in the UK, so the risk is not high. One guy ended up so worried after I chased him for 5 miles he drove into his open garage and closed the door before I got out my car to confront him. Bet he was reluctant to poke a gratuitous finger after that. The bastard.

Feisty, me?

If anyone that missed out on this would be interested in taking over mine then gimme a pm. I have yet to take delivery/pay for the chassis. Boards have nothing soldered yet. I have a handful of resistors and all of the hard-to-get silicon parts with teflon tube sockets and pins for KG's teflon stax sockets. Also have 3 different quads of EL34s.

The problem with internet postage (i have a suitable printer) especially with stuff going outside the country

which all 4 of these did, is all the customs forms, and the weight. I know my scale is accurate, as it matches

the one at work, and the package really is 39.5 lbs. But i got lucky and got the really messed up scale at

usps which weighed the packages at 33 and 35 lbs (they are absolutely identical in contents) and therefore

saved a few bucks. So now in total (not counting gas) but counting everything else including bubbles

and the packaging for the boards, i'm down to a loss of a little less than $8.

Fedex seems to be in the other direction. Their scale always weighs over the real weight. I wonder

if that is deliberate. At least fedex inside the usa is going to be only about $40 instead of the package

to Australia which was $235. And fedex international is way out of line price wise. Birgirs package

was even higher priced.