The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

That makes sense.

TL;DR version:

With a 10K pot you have a cut-off frequency of 80kHz-160kHz, depending on pot rotation and time constant of 2ms-1ms. I find 0.5ms-1.5ms to be inaudible, and 1-2ms is acceptable.

With a 50K pot and 10K, you get -3dB at 26kHz worst case, and 6ms group delay. In my opinion, this is suboptimal, and I'd consider reworking the values if I had a source wimpy enough to not use a 10K pot.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone talk to Lil Knight lately?  I'm in his T2 chassis groupbuy, but have not heard from him for a while.  He hasn't responded to my email either.

I just talked to someone who commissioned him to build a maxed out KGSSHV for $4k and he can't seem to be able locate him either.  Hope he will surface eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

I know of myself and two others here.  I've been pinging him every once in a while, with no joy.  I noticed he logged in over at head-fi recently so I have to assume he's actively avoiding us.

Sad, I did quite a few little deals with LK and it always turned out well...  My guess, he got screwed by his vendor in China and doesn't know what to do now.  'course I'm just speculating.

Edited by shipsupt