The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!

spritzer

• 3 weeks later...

just got more 2SK216 and 2SJ79 from an ebay seller in China. all of these sellers, regardless of their stated ebay location, ship out of Shenzhen. 

This seller showed a photo of a authentic looking green Hitachi 2SJ79, and a clearly authentic Renesas 2SK216 in the listing.  When I got the parts, they were the same fake 2SK216 and 2SJ79 I received from utsource. same lot codes. when they make fake parts they dont bother to have more than 1 lot code it seems. 

Here is a dead giveaway on identifying real vs fake 2SK216/2SJ79, which was already posted once in this thread:

2SK216.JPG

if the fat part of the leads is short, it's fake. unfortunately, the ebay sellers (some of them) don't always picture the parts you will receive.

Received some 2SC3675 but they looks not like normal. I can't make sure it's real or fake.

attachicon.gif2SC3675.jpg

I've test voltage breakdown, all 1050V+. And hFE is 35+

Should I find another source?

Thanks!

Pal

Would be odd for these to be fakes given they are high voltage. Those specs match what I have from 3675 parts from Bdent. You could try picking up one of these as a rudimentary curve tracer: http://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/dca75-dca-pro.html

I works very well (but doesn't do high voltage) and gives that extra piece of mind - it is expensive, but cheaper than using fake/bad parts.

just got more 2SK216 and 2SJ79 from an ebay seller in China. all of these sellers, regardless of their stated ebay location, ship out of Shenzhen. 

This seller showed a photo of a authentic looking green Hitachi 2SJ79, and a clearly authentic Renesas 2SK216 in the listing.  When I got the parts, they were the same fake 2SK216 and 2SJ79 I received from utsource. same lot codes. when they make fake parts they dont bother to have more than 1 lot code it seems. 

Here is a dead giveaway on identifying real vs fake 2SK216/2SJ79, which was already posted once in this thread:

2SK216.JPG

if the fat part of the leads is short, it's fake. unfortunately, the ebay sellers (some of them) don't always picture the parts you will receive.

just filed the chargebacks for these latest fake 2SK216/2SJ79. i was actually told that UTSOURCE is challenging my chargeback though i haven't received official word of this yet, i wonder what their grounds are for challenging counterfeit parts. so i now have 4 active chargebacks on these parts.

Edited by justin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-2SK216-TO-220-Silicon-N-Channel-MOS-FET-/181048422761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2753b169

this listing on ebay is the same one. they all have the lot number. i've reported this seller's 2sk216 listings to ebay numerous times and they don't care. if i bought from them, that would make 3 sellers with the same counterfeits

here is a photo of the "real" 2SJ79s i also just got from China.  both the 2sk216/2sj79 say Malaysia in the plastic (i had to use my microscope to read it) which matches the appearance of a Hitach made in Malaysia part.   Some odd characteristics though...the leads seem pretty heavily tinned (both the 2sk216 and the 2sj79 equally). all of the 2SJ79s have a round depression on the tab, as if from a washer or screw head. I suspect this is either a defect from manufacturing (poor tooling, if those holes do get punched or machined) or they were actually mounted at one point y3a9apaq.jpg

Edited by justin

response i received from utsource about the fake 2sk216/2sj79 parts:

i just double checked with our supplier, these 2 items are made in China parts, so maybe it can not arrive your request, but the parts are not fake parts, some customers can use it.

wow. so in China, for an item not to be fake, it just has to:

1) exist

2) be something someone can use

i dont know if there are any more. none of the sellers actually have the product, and they all take about a week to ship, and they're probably being drop shipped too.

these are real though: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2SJ79-Silicon-P-Channel-MOS-FET-Hitachi-Semic-LOT-OF-4-/380350963607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588eaf1f97

quantity is too small to interest me though

Edited by justin